Deal Alert: Flights From the US to Japan From $483+ Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11 p.m. Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
You can now score cheap flights from numerous cities across the US to top Japanese destinations such as Tokyo and Osaka. Reported first by Scott’s Cheap Flights, flights from the US to Japan are available from just $483 round-trip. Chicago, Los Angeles, Dallas and Washington DC are just a few US cities included in this deal. While all flights are booked into economy class, there are no restrictions on cabin luggage and travelers will be allowed one free checked bag.
Cheap flights are available throughout the fall and winter months. For the best availability, search for flights in late October and early November. Select dates are not available. These dates include the Christmas and New Year holidays.
If you’re looking to redeem points for your stay while visiting Japan, there’s no shortage of points hotels in Tokyo and Osaka. Check out TPG’s reviews of top hotels including the Conrad Tokyo, Hyatt Centric Tokyo and the St. Regis Osaka.
To search, head to Priceline or Expedia.
Airline: Air Canada, Air China, ANA, Delta, JAL, United, Xiamen
Routes: BOS/DCA/DFW/EWR/LAS/LAX/ORD/PHL/PHX/SAN/SNA to HND/ITM/KIX/NRT
Cost: $483+ round-trip in economy
Dates: select dates in October — December 2019
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare plus excellent trip delay insurance), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Tokyo (NRT) for $483 round-trip on Xiamen via CheapOair:
San Diego (SAN) to Tokyo (NRT) for $518 round-trip on Air Canada:
Las Vegas (LAS) to Tokyo (HND) for $524 round-trip on United:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Osaka (KIX) for $544 round-trip on Air China via Expedia:
Chicago (ORD) to Tokyo (NRT) for $580 round-trip on Air Canada, United:
Philadelphia (PHL) to Tokyo (HND) for $584 round-trip on United, ANA:
Chicago (ORD) to Osaka (KIX) for $604 round-trip on Air Canada:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare on plus excellent trip delay insurance), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list//
Featured image by yongyuan/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees