Deal Alert: Flights to Tokyo From $571 Round-Trip on Top-Tier Airlines
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
The great deals to Tokyo continue! But, instead of having to fly an ever cost-cutting Air Canada, today we are seeing great fares on a combination of ANA and United. No basic economy fares here — these flights include a free checked bag, seat selection and a full meal. So, you won’t have to factor any extra costs into the total price of your trip.
If you’re interested in visiting during cherry blossom season — which we highly recommend — be aware when looking at dates that cherry blossoms are already starting to bloom. So, the season might be much earlier this year than in past years.
If you’re looking for something to do while in Japan, check out Get Your Guide’s list of best activities in Tokyo to maximize your time while on vacation. Tokyo also has the world’s largest fish market, which just opened in a new location.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. You’ll want to book through Priceline to get the best price.
Airlines: United, ANA
Routes: PIT/MCO/CLE/RDU to HND
Cost: $571+ round-trip in economy
Travel Dates: October-November 2018 and March-May 2019
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Premier Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Prestige (5x on airfare plus excellent trip delay insurance) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Booking Link: Priceline, Expedia or directly with the airline
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Pittsburgh (PIT) to Tokyo (HND) for $571 round-trip on United/ANA:
Orlando (MCO) to Tokyo (HND) for $590 round-trip on United/ANA:
Cleveland (CLE) to Tokyo (HND) for $613 round-trip on United/ANA:
Raleigh/Durham (RDU) to Tokyo (HND) for $616 round-trip on United/ANA:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier, Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image by Kristine T Pham Photography via Getty Images
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees