Deal Alert: Flights to Tokyo From $490 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Flights from various US cities to Tokyo have dropped as low as $490 round-trip. While these deals aren’t uncommon from west coast cities, we don’t see them often from east coast, midwest or southern cities such as Boston, Minneapolis and Houston. So, if you’re from one of these rare deal cities and have been waiting for a the right price, here’s your chance!
All of these fares are available in each airline’s basic economy, so you’ll have to pay extra to pick your seats and check any baggage.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or through an OTA like Priceline or Expedia.
Airline: United, Air Canada, Singapore Airlines, JAL, Asiana
Routes: LAX/LAS/HOU/PHL/BOS/JFK/ATL/PDX/DTW/MSP to NRT/HND
Cost: $490+ round-trip in basic economy
Travel Dates: November 2019-April 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Tokyo (NRT) for $490 round-trip on Singapore Airlines:
Las Vegas (LAS) to Tokyo (NRT) for $546 round-trip on Air Canada:
Boston (BOS) to Tokyo (HND) for $568 round-trip on United:
Houston (HOU) to Tokyo (NRT) for $575 round-trip on Japan Airlines:
Philadelphia (PHL) to Tokyo (NRT) for $594 round-trip on Air Canada:
Portland (PDX) to Tokyo (HND) for $636 round-trip on United:Atlanta (ATL) to Tokyo (HND) for $650 round-trip on United:
Detroit (DTW) to Tokyo (HND) for $650 round-trip on United:
Minneapolis (MSP) to Tokyo (HND) for $650 round-trip on United:
New York (JFK) to Tokyo (HND) for $662 round-trip on Asiana:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured courtesy of Shutterstock.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees