This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Tough to say if there’s a direct correlation between Southwest launching low-cost fares to Hawaii this week and widespread deals to the islands on pretty much every other North American carrier, but we’ll take it! Alaska, American, Air Canada, Delta, United and WestJet have all lowered fares to Honolulu (HNL), Maui (OGG), Kauai (LIH) and Kona (KOA), with a mind-boggling amount of cities across both the United States and Canada included on the deal.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Then, click through to book directly with the airline or through an online travel agency (OTA) like Priceline or Expedia.
Airline: Alaska, American, Air Canada, Delta, United and WestJet
Routes: Most cities in US/Canada to HNL/OGG/KOA/LIH
Cost: $298+ round-trip in basic economy
Dates: April through December 2019
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare plus excellent trip delay insurance), Citi Premier Card (3x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
San Jose (SJC) to Kauai (LIH) for $298 nonstop on Alaska via Priceline:
Houston (IAH) to Honolulu (HNL) for $465 on American via AA.com:
Santa Ana (SNA) to Honolulu (HNL) for $325 on United via United.com:
Pasco (PSC) to Kona (KOA) for $363 on Delta via Delta.com:
Baltimore (BWI) to Maui (OGG) for $429 on United via Priceline:
Once you’re booked, be sure to activate your Priority Pass membership if holding a credit card that grants it. Having lounge access throughout the journey will make life a lot more enjoyable. Also, be sure to check out our guides to defeating basic economy on American Airlines, Delta and United.
As you plan your trip to the Aloha State, dive into our guides and recommendations below.
- The Best Ways to Use Miles for Hawaiian Island-Hopping
- These Are the Best Times to Visit Hawaii
- 9 Common Mistakes Tourists Make in Hawaii
- 14 Outrageous Experiences You Can Have in Hawaii
- 9 Things to Do in Maui That Aren’t the Road to Hana
For the latest travel news, deals and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured image by Darren Murph/The Points Guy
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees