Deal alert: Flights to France, Spain and Switzerland from $214 round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list/
Flights to France, Spain and Switzerland are currently available for as low as $214 round-trip.
With 2020 just around the corner, it’s time to start making travel plans for the new year and what better way to start than a trip to a European destination. All of these fares are available in each airline’s basic economy, meaning you’ll have less flexibility if your plans were to change.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or an OTA like Orbitz or Expedia.
Airline: Iberia, American, United, Air Canada
Routes: BOS/ORD/EWR/PHL/SFO to BCN/MAD/ZRH/CDG
Cost: $214+ round-trip in economy
Dates: January – May 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier℠ Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Boston (BOS) to Barcelona (BCN) for $214 round-trip on Iberia:
Chicago (ORD) to Paris (CDG) for $281 round-trip on United:
Newark (EWR) to Paris (CDG) for $283 round-trip on United:
Boston (BOS) to Zurich (ZRH) for $295 round-trip on American:
Philadelphia (PHL) to Madrid (MAD) for $323 round-trip on American:
San Francisco (SFO) to Paris (CDG) for $333 round-trip on Air Canada:
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier Card, Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this guide for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured photo by Harald Nachtmann/Getty Images.
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees