Deal alert: Flights to Ecuador and Argentina from $315 round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list/
Flights to the South American countries of Ecuador and Argentina are currently available from $315 round-trip from various U.S. cities. We don’t see these deals often, so if any of these deals work for you then we recommend booking sooner than later.
Note that all of these fares are non-refundable and can’t be changed.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or through an OTA like Priceline or Expedia.
Airlines: Copa, American, Avianca, JetBlue, LATAM
Routes: JFK/MSY/PHL/BNA/DCA/AUS/MIA/LAX to Guayaquil / Buenos Aires (GYE/EZE)
Cost: $315+ round-trip in basic economy
Travel Dates: November 2019 – March 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier℠ Card (3x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on travel), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare booked directly with the airline or ) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here’s an example of what you can book:
New York (JFK) to Guayaquil (GYE) for $315 round-trip on Copa:
New Orleans (MSY) to Guayaquil (GYE) for $345 round-trip on Copa: Philadelphia (PHL) to Guayaquil (GYE) for $356 round-trip on JetBlue:
Nashville (BNA) to Guayaquil (GYE) for $357 round-trip on American:
Washington D.C. (DCA) to Guayaquil (GYE) for $366 round-trip on JetBlue:
Austin (AUS) to Guayaquil (GYE) for $368 round-trip on JetBlue:
Miami (MIA) to Guayaquil (GYE) for $394 round-trip on Avianca:
New York (JFK) to Buenos Aires (EZE) for $542 round-trip on American:Los Angeles (LAX) to Buenos Aires (EZE) for $552 round-trip on LATAM:
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier℠ Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out our guide to the best cards for airfare purchases to learn more.
Featured photo courtesy of Jesse Kraft / EyeEm / Getty Images.
This card from Bank of America gets really interesting if you have a BofA checking, savings or investment account. Depending on the value of your combined accounts you can potentially get as much as 3.5x points on travel/dining and 2.625x points on other purchases making it the richest consumer banking bonus out there.
- Receive 50,000 bonus points – a $500 value – after you make at least $3,000 in purchases in the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent on travel and dining purchases and unlimited 1.5 points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- If you're a Bank of America Preferred Rewards member, you can earn 25%-75% more points on every purchase
- No limit to the points you can earn and your points don't expire
- Redeem for cash back as a statement credit, deposit into eligible Bank of America® accounts, credit to eligible Merrill accounts, or gift cards or purchases at the Bank of America Travel Center
- Get up to $200 in combined airline incidental and airport expedited screening statement credits + valuable travel insurance protections
- No Foreign Transaction Fees
- Low $95 annual fee