Deal alert: Flights to Ecuador and Argentina from $315 round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list/
Flights to the South American countries of Ecuador and Argentina are currently available from $315 round-trip from various U.S. cities. We don’t see these deals often, so if any of these deals work for you then we recommend booking sooner than later.
Note that all of these fares are non-refundable and can’t be changed.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or through an OTA like Priceline or Expedia.
Airlines: Copa, American, Avianca, JetBlue, LATAM
Routes: JFK/MSY/PHL/BNA/DCA/AUS/MIA/LAX to Guayaquil / Buenos Aires (GYE/EZE)
Cost: $315+ round-trip in basic economy
Travel Dates: November 2019 – March 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier℠ Card (3x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on travel), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare booked directly with the airline or ) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here’s an example of what you can book:
New York (JFK) to Guayaquil (GYE) for $315 round-trip on Copa:
New Orleans (MSY) to Guayaquil (GYE) for $345 round-trip on Copa: Philadelphia (PHL) to Guayaquil (GYE) for $356 round-trip on JetBlue:
Nashville (BNA) to Guayaquil (GYE) for $357 round-trip on American:
Washington D.C. (DCA) to Guayaquil (GYE) for $366 round-trip on JetBlue:
Austin (AUS) to Guayaquil (GYE) for $368 round-trip on JetBlue:
Miami (MIA) to Guayaquil (GYE) for $394 round-trip on Avianca:
New York (JFK) to Buenos Aires (EZE) for $542 round-trip on American:Los Angeles (LAX) to Buenos Aires (EZE) for $552 round-trip on LATAM:
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier℠ Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out our guide to the best cards for airfare purchases to learn more.
Featured photo courtesy of Jesse Kraft / EyeEm / Getty Images.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.