This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
While Dublin is a great destination no matter when you visit, there’s something extra special about visiting Ireland during St. Patrick’s Day. And today, we are seeing some excellent deals to The Emerald Isle in mid-March. To save you the Google search: St. Patrick’s Day is March 17.
Need more inspiration? Check out our Trip-Spiration video:
Airlines: Norwegian, Icelandair, United, American
Routes: SWF/PVD/BOS/EWR/JFK/MSP/SEA/LAS/DFW/PHL to DUB
Cost: $214+ round-trip in economy
Travel Dates: Generally available from October-March 2019, but the examples below focus around St. Patrick’s Day in mid-March
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Premier Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare plus excellent trip delay insurance) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
Booking Link: Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia or directly with the airline
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York Stewart (SWF) to Dublin (DUB) for $214 round-trip ($99 outbound + $115 return) nonstop on Norwegian:
Providence (PVD) to Dublin (DUB) for $214 round-trip ($99 outbound + $115 return) nonstop on Norwegian:
Boston (BOS) to Dublin (DUB) for $361 round-trip on Icelandair:
Newark (EWR) to Dublin (DUB) for $378 round-trip on Icelandair:
New York’s Kennedy (JFK) to Dublin (DUB) for $378 round-trip on Icelandair:
Newark (EWR) to Dublin (DUB) for $407 round-trip nonstop on United:
Minneapolis/St Paul (MSP) to Dublin (DUB) for $407 round-trip on United:
Seattle (SEA) to Dublin (DUB) for $407 round-trip on United:
Las Vegas (LAS) to Dublin (DUB) for $407 round-trip on United:
Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) to Dublin (DUB) for $414 round-trip on United:
Philadelphia (PHL) to Dublin (DUB) for $417 round-trip nonstop on American:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Premier, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image by Katie Genter / The Points Guy.
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), up to a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees