Deal alert: Flights to Caribbean destinations from $198 round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re ready for a tropical diversion from winter, there are fares to the Caribbean starting at $198 round-trip.
The flights leave from various East Coast and Midwest cities to island destinations such as San Juan, St. Thomas and Nassau.These low fares are available on JetBlue, American and Delta. Although a majority of these tickets to paradise are in basic economy, there are also a few main- cabin economy options to choose from.
So what are you waiting for? It’s island time.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
To find a deal, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or an online travel agency (OTA) like Orbitz or Expedia.
Here’s a summary of what’s available:
Airline: JetBlue, American, Delta
Routes: BOS/MIA/DAL/EWR/DTW/DCA to SJU/STT/NAS
Cost: $198+ round-trip in basic economy and main-cabin economy
Dates: February – May 2020
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), the Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), the Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), the American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Here are some examples of specific flights that are available:
Boston (BOS) to San Juan (SJU) for $198 round-trip nonstop on JetBlue:
Miami (MIA) to St. Thomas (STT) for $224 round-trip nonstop on American:Dallas (DAL) to San Juan (SJU) for $237 round-trip on Delta: Newark (EWR) to St. Thomas (STT) for $261 round-trip nonstop on JetBlue: Detroit (DTW) to San Juan (SJU) for $270 round-trip nonstop on Delta:
Washington DC (DCA) to Nassau (NAS) for $281 round-trip on American: Boston (BOS) to St. Thomas (STT) for $294round-trip on American:
Maximize your purchase
Use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), the Chase Sapphire Reserve, the American Express® Gold Card, the Citi Premier® Card, Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this guide for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured photo by John Duarte/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees