Deal alert: Flights to Cancún from $161 round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list/
Flights to Cancún just dropped as low as $161 round-trip and some routes, for example from Chicago O’Hare (ORD), have availability over Thanksgiving.
Looking for a place to stay? Try the all-inclusive Hyatt Ziva. If you’re loyal to Marriott you might want to consider the JW Marriott Cancún Resort and Spa. Regardless of where you stay, you can’t go wrong with a cheap round-trip ticket to go lounge under the Mexican sun.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or through an OTA like Priceline or Expedia.
Airlines: United, Delta, American, JetBlue, Aeromexico
Routes: IAH/ORD/MIA/AUS/MCO/CHS to CUN
Cost: $161+ round-trip in basic economy
Travel Dates: Varies by route
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier℠ Card (3x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on travel), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare booked directly with the airline or ) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here’s an example of what you can book:
Houston (IAH) to Cancun (CUN) for $161 round-trip on United:
Chicago (ORD) to Cancun (CUN) for $188 round-trip on Delta:
Miami (MIA) to Cancun (CUN) for $229 round-trip on American:
Austin (AUS) to Cancun (CUN) for $264 round-trip on Aeromexico when booked with Expedia:
Orlando (MCO) to Cancun (CUN) for $266 round-trip on JetBlue:
Charleston (CHS) to Cancun (CUN) for $283 round-trip on Delta:
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier℠ Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
(Featured photo by Zach Griff/The Points Guy)
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.