Deal alert: Flights to Cancún from $161 round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list/
Flights to Cancún just dropped as low as $161 round-trip and some routes, for example from Chicago O’Hare (ORD), have availability over Thanksgiving.
Looking for a place to stay? Try the all-inclusive Hyatt Ziva. If you’re loyal to Marriott you might want to consider the JW Marriott Cancún Resort and Spa. Regardless of where you stay, you can’t go wrong with a cheap round-trip ticket to go lounge under the Mexican sun.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or through an OTA like Priceline or Expedia.
Airlines: United, Delta, American, JetBlue, Aeromexico
Routes: IAH/ORD/MIA/AUS/MCO/CHS to CUN
Cost: $161+ round-trip in basic economy
Travel Dates: Varies by route
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier℠ Card (3x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on travel), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare booked directly with the airline or ) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here’s an example of what you can book:
Houston (IAH) to Cancun (CUN) for $161 round-trip on United:
Chicago (ORD) to Cancun (CUN) for $188 round-trip on Delta:
Miami (MIA) to Cancun (CUN) for $229 round-trip on American:
Austin (AUS) to Cancun (CUN) for $264 round-trip on Aeromexico when booked with Expedia:
Orlando (MCO) to Cancun (CUN) for $266 round-trip on JetBlue:
Charleston (CHS) to Cancun (CUN) for $283 round-trip on Delta:
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier℠ Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
(Featured photo by Zach Griff/The Points Guy)
- Earn up to 70,000 bonus miles. Earn 60,000 bonus miles after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 10,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- New! Get ready for your next trip - spend $10,000 in purchases on your card in a calendar year and receive a $100 Delta Flight Credit to get you there sooner.
- Earn 2X Miles on Delta purchases, at restaurants worldwide and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a 20% savings in the form of a statement credit after you use your Card on eligible Delta in-flight purchases of food, beverages, and audio headsets.
- Enjoy a $0 introductory annual fee for the first year, then $99.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees