Deal Alert: Flights to Asia From $483 in Economy or $947 in Premium Economy
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
We are seeing some great deals to Tokyo, Hong Kong, Singapore, Taipei and Bangkok. So, we’ve taken the time to round up the best options! Cheap fares can be found in economy, but if you’re willing to shell out, there are also deals to be had in premium economy.
Airlines: Hong Kong Airlines, ANA, United, American, Singapore
Routes: SFO/LAX/ORD/SAN to HKG/BKK/TPE/SIN/NRT
Cost: $483+ round-trip in economy, $947+ round-trip in premium economy
Dates: September-May 2019
Booking Link: Orbitz, Expedia or directly with the airline
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare), Citi Premier Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
San Francisco (SFO) to Hong Kong (HKG) for $483 round-trip nonstop on Hong Kong Airlines:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Hong Kong (HKG) for $483 round-trip nonstop on Hong Kong Airlines:
Chicago (ORD) to Bangkok (BKK) for $569 round-trip on ANA:
San Francisco (SFO) to Taipei (TPE) for $570 round-trip nonstop on United:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Singapore (SIN) for $620 round-trip nonstop on United:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Hong Kong (HKG) for $947 round-trip nonstop on American Airlines premium economy:
San Francisco (SFO) to Hong Kong (HKG) for $996 round-trip nonstop on Singapore Airlines premium economy:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Tokyo (NRT) for $1,197 round-trip on Singapore Airlines premium economy:
San Diego (SAN) to Tokyo (NRT) for $1,210 round-trip on American Airlines premium economy:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Premier, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image by FilippoBacci
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees