Deal Alert: Flights to Alaska From $275 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Flights to Alaska can be expensive and we don’t come across good deals there often. However, that isn’t the case today. As first reported by Fly4free, Alaska Airlines, Delta and United are currently offering flights from across the contiguous 48 states to Anchorage (ANC) from $275 round-trip.
Most of these fares book into basic economy, meaning added fees and more restrictions in return for the attractive price. Fortunately, all of the major carriers, except for United, still allow you to bring a carry-on bag with a basic economy ticket. A co-branded credit card or airline elite status can help get around some of basic economy’s restrictions, including better boarding groups and a free checked bag.
To search for these fares, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline, through an OTA like Priceline or plug those dates into the Ultimate Rewards travel portal.
Airline: Alaska, Delta, United
Routes: ATL/BOI/BOS/DTW/EWR/JFK/IAD/LAX/SAN/SFO to ANC
Cost: $275+ round-trip in basic economy
Dates: September 2019 – February 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Boise (BOI) to Anchorage (ANC) for $275 round-trip in economy on Alaska “Saver” fares:
San Diego (SAN) to Anchorage (ANC) for $301 round-trip in economy in Delta basic economy:
Atlanta (ATL) to Anchorage (ANC) for $313 round-trip in economy on Alaska “Saver” fares:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Anchorage (ANC) for $318 round-trip in economy on Alaska “Saver” fares:
Boston (BOS) to Anchorage (ANC) for $347 round-trip in economy in United basic economy:
Washington DC (IAD) to Anchorage (ANC) for $422 round-trip in economy on Alaska “Saver” fares:
New York (JFK) to Anchorage (ANC) for $453 round-trip in economy in Delta basic economy:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image by Sandy Howarth / EyeEm / Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees