Deal Alert: Flights From Various US Cities to China From $319 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11 p.m. Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Flights to China from cities across the US have dropped as low as $319 round-trip. This is no shock for West Coast cities, however, we’re seeing some great deals out of cities like Orlando (MCO), Columbus (CMH), St. Louis (STL), Indianapolis (IND) and Boise (BOI) that do not see deals like this often. You could also potentially use this as a positioning flight to get you to other Asian destinations via China.
All of these low fares are in each carrier’s basic economy, however some routes/airlines are more flexible than others. Be sure to read the rules and regulations as you’ll likely have to pay additional fees to check more than one bag and select seats ahead of time, and may not be eligible for upgrades.
Many of these low fares are available as soon as September, but you’ll have to play around with the dates and routes on Google Maps to see if they fit your travel plans.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or through an OTA like Priceline or Expedia.
Airline: Air Canada, Hainan, American, Delta, United
Routes: LAX/PHX/PHL/SFO/SEA/LAS/MCO/CMH/DEN/STL/BOI/IND to PEK/PVG/SZX/CAN
Cost: $319+ round-trip in basic economy
Travel Dates: September 2019-April 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Beijing (PEK) for $319 round-trip on Hainan:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Shanghai (PVG) for $319 round-trip on Hainan:
Denver (DEN) to Beijing (PEK) for $350 round-trip on United:
St. Louis (STL) to Beijing (PEK) for $319 round-trip on United:
San Francisco (SFO) to Beijing (PEK) for $395 round-trip on Hainan:
Las Vegas (LAS) to Shanghai (PVG) for $400 round-trip on American:
Philadelphia (PHL) to Beijing (PEK) for $400 round-trip on American:
Phoenix (PHX) to Shanghai (PVG) for $400 round-trip on American:
Orlando (MCO) to Beijing (PVG) for $400 round-trip on American:
Columbus (CMH) to Shanghai (PVG) for $447 round-trip on Delta:
Indianapolis (IND) to Shanghai (PVG) for $454 round-trip on United:
Seattle (SEA) to Shanghai (PVG) for $469 round-trip on Air Canada:
Seattle (SEA) to Beijing (PEK) for $489 round-trip on Air Canada: Seattle (SEA) to Shenzhen (SZX) for $490 round-trip on Hainan:
Boise (BOI) to Beijing (PEK) for $495 round-trip on United:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured photo courtesy of Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees