Deal Alert: Flights From US to China for $319+ Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11 p.m. Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Cheap flights from cities across the United States to Beijing and Shanghai, China, are now available from just $319 round-trip. Flights from Los Angeles to both Beijing and Shanghai are available for $319 round-trip on Hainan throughout the fall and the beginning of next year. Other cities also feature fantastic deals on airfare starting at just $400 round-trip.
While all flights will be booked into economy class, passengers will be able to bring on a personal item and carry-on bag as well as have the option to check a bag with most airlines.
Both Beijing and Shanghai are amazing destinations as well as great cities for finding cheap flights to other destinations in Asia on local low-cost carriers. There are plenty of points hotels in both cities as well including the Shanghai Edition, St. Regis Beijing, W Hotel Beijing, and the St. Regis Shanghai.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or through an OTA like Priceline or Expedia.
Airline: Air Canada, Alaska Airlines, China Southern, Hainan
Routes: BWI/JFK/LAS/LAX/ORD/PDX/SAN/SEA/SFO to PEK/PVG
Cost: $319+ round-trip in economy
Dates: select dates in September — November 2019, January — February 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Beijing (PEK) for $319 round-trip on Hainan:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Shanghai (PVG) for $319 round-trip on Hainan:
San Francisco (SFO) to Beijing (PEK) for $400 round-trip on China Southern via CheapOair:
New York City (JFK) to Beijing (PEK) for $420 round-trip on China Southern via CheapOair:
San Diego (SAN) to Beijing (PEK) for $414 round-trip on Hainan:
New York City (JFK) to Shanghai (PVG) for $443 round-trip on Hainan:
Chicago (ORD) to Shanghai (PVG) for $452 round-trip on Hainan, Alaska via Orbitz:
Las Vegas (LAS) to Beijing (PEK) for $459 round-trip on Air Canada:
Washington D.C./Baltimore (BWI) to Beijing (PEK) for $466 round-trip on Air Canada:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list//
Featured image by chuyu / iStock / Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees