This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11:00pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using the American Express Platinum Card, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
If you’ve been fantasizing about flying EVA Air’s decked out Hello Kitty jet — and want to do so in premium economy — now’s a great time to book your flight. EVA Air is currently offering premium economy seats aboard its Hello Kitty-themed flights from the US from $1,115 round-trip. For those unfamiliar with this special flight, it’s not just the plane’s livery that’s different, but the entire flight’s service is themed — down to the safety cards, vomit bags and toilet paper!
The special service is available on flights to Taipei (TPE) from Los Angeles (LAX) and Chicago (ORD). LA passengers will want depart on flight BR5 and return on flight BR6, flying on a Tuesday, Thursday or Saturday. Chicago flyers will want to book flight BR55 departing Chicago on a Monday, Thursday or Saturday, returning with flight BR56 on a Wednesday, Friday or Sunday.
Airline: EVA Air
Routes: LAX/ORD to TPE
Cost: $1,115+ round-trip in premium economy
Dates: August – November 2018 and January – May 2019
Booking Link: Orbitz, Expedia or directly with the airline
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare plus excellent trip delay insurance) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Taipei (TPE) for $1,115 round-trip in November via Expedia:
Chicago (ORD) to Taipei (TPE) for $1,315 round-trip in September via Expedia:
Chicago (ORD) to Taipei (TPE) for $1,315 round-trip in May 2019 via Expedia:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards