Deal Alert: East Coast to Dublin From $290+ Round-Trip
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Now’s the time to start planning your next European vacation. Flights from multiple cities across the eastern United States to Dublin (DUB) are available starting at $290 round-trip. All fares include a personal item and one carry-on bag, however, checked bags and advanced seat assignments will cost extra. Still, even if you plan on checking a bag, this deal can save you hundreds of dollars.
Flights are available from Boston, New York and Philadelphia on various Star Alliance partners. This deal is available from November through February 2020. Major holidays are excluded.
While you might not think of Dublin to be the warmest, sunniest or most picturesque during the winter months, there are still tons of activities and events going on. For starters, it’s a great time to warm up with a drink in one of the cities famous pubs.
To make sure you don’t miss out on what the country has to offer, check out Get Your Guide’s list of best activities in Dublin and other cities throughout Ireland.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or through an OTA like Priceline or Expedia.
Airlines: TAP Portugal, United, Air Canada
Routes: BOS/JFK/PHL to DUB
Cost: $290+ round-trip
Travel Dates: November 2019 – February 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Prestige Card (3x on airfare plus excellent trip delay insurance) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York City (JFK) to Dublin (DUB) for $290 round-trip via Orbitz:
Boston (BOS) to Dublin (DUB) for $290 round-trip via TAP Portugal:
Philadelphia (PHL) to Dublin (DUB) for $330 round-trip via Priceline:
Google Flights Deal Availability from New York City (JFK) to Dublin (DUB):
Google Flights Deal Availability from Boston (BOS) to Dublin (DUB):
Google Flights Deal Availability from Philadelphia (PHL) to Dublin (DUB):
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card, Citi Prestige Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
For the latest travel news, deals, and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Featured image by David Soanes Photography
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.