This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta frequently has flash sales for award flights featuring fantastic deals such as flights to Asia for 50,000 SkyMiles round-trip, Europe from 32,000 SkyMiles round-trip and most recently, Mexico from 12,000 SkyMiles round-trip. Delta is back with another one of these sales, but this time for flights to Bermuda. The discounted awards start at 12,000 SkyMiles round-trip and are available primarily from East Coast cities. The sales is valid for flights from July 2018 through May 2019 and includes options over holidays like Columbus Day and Veterans Day. Just beware of hurricane season when considering flights through November.
Routes: US Cities (BOS/BWI/FLL/JFK/ORD) to BDA
Cost: 12,000+ SkyMiles and $125+ round-trip in economy
Dates: July 2018 – May 2019
Booking Link: Directly with the airline
Pay Taxes/Fees With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express, Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Boston (BOS) to Bermuda (BDA) for 12,000 miles + $125 in taxes and fees round-trip in December:
New York (JFK) to Bermuda (BDA) for 12,000 miles + $125 in taxes and fees round-trip in November:
Chicago (ORD) to Bermuda (BDA) for 18,000 miles + $130 in taxes and fees round-trip in December:
Fort Lauderdale (FLL) to Bermuda (BDA) for 18,000 miles + $130 in taxes and fees round-trip in September:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases to pay the taxes and fees, such as the American Express Platinum Card (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express Premier Rewards Gold or Citi Prestige (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you don’t have enough SkyMiles in your account, consider signing up for one of the Delta credit cards to ensure you’re able to take advantage of a deal next time one pops up. For example, the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express currently comes with a bonus of 30,000 SkyMiles after you spend $1,000 in the first three months. Plus, a $50 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase within the first three months. Also, this is a great card for defeating basic economy.
Featured image by Scott Dunn / Getty Images.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards