This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Just as Flying Blue offers Promo Rewards, the Lufthansa Group mileage program Miles & More runs monthly mileage sales on award flights. And this month’s deals are pretty incredible. You can fly between US cities and almost anywhere in Europe for just:
- 30,000 miles round-trip in economy
- 40,000 miles round-trip in premium economy
- 55,000 miles round-trip in business class
There are an incredible 110 eligible European destinations listed for business class — everything from Amsterdam to Zurich — and 106 destinations for economy awards. Premium economy is the only cabin that’s somewhat limited, with only six destinations included:
Eligible US departure airports depend on which cabin you want to fly in:
- Economy: Atlanta (ATL), Boston (BOS), Chicago (ORD), Houston (IAH), Miami (MIA), New York Kennedy (JFK), Newark (EWR), San Francisco (SFO), Washington Dulles (IAD)
- Premium Economy: Chicago (ORD) only
- Business (Lufthansa): Boston (BOS), Miami (MIA), Newark (EWR), San Francisco (SFO), Washington DC (IAD)
- Business (Austrian): Miami (MIA) only
Dates: These promotional awards are available for booking now through September 30, 2018 for flights for flights from:
- Austrian Airlines (premium economy and business class): September 3 to October 31, 2018
- Lufthansa (economy and business class): January 1 to February 15, 2019
Beware of Fuel Surcharges: The major downside of this deal: Miles & More is infamous for charging high fuel surcharges on its awards. I priced out a few options and found that taxes and fees costed around:
- Economy: $500-600 round-trip
- Premium Economy: $435 round-trip
- Business: $1,200 round-trip
Transfer Partners: The only major transferable currency that partners with Miles & More is Marriott/SPG’s combined program. Marriott points transfer to Miles & More at a 3:1 ratio, meaning you’ll need to transfer 165,000 Marriott points to get enough Miles & More miles for a business-class round-trip.
This card has a $450 annual fee, but that's offset by up to $300 in statement credits that you can earn each year for Marriott and SPG purchases. You'll earn 6x points at Marriott and SPG properties, 3x points at US restaurants and on flights purchased directly from the airline and 2x points on everything else.
- Earn 75,000 bonus points after you use the Card to make $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months.
- Earn 6 points on eligible purchases at participating SPG® and Marriott Rewards® hotels, 3 points at U.S. restaurants and on flights booked directly with airlines, and 2 points on all other eligible purchases.
- Enjoy up to $300 in statement credits each year of Card Membership for eligible purchases at participating SPG® or Marriott Rewards® hotels.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees on International purchases.
- Receive 1 Free Night Award every year after your Card account anniversary. Award can be used for one night (redemption level at or under 50,000 points) at a participating hotel. Select hotels have resort fees.
- Enjoy complimentary, unlimited Boingo Wi-Fi on up to four devices at more than 1,000,000 Boingo hotspots worldwide. Enrollment required.
- $450 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees