Deal Alert: Book Frontier Airlines Flights Today for $20
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to line-up the time away.
It’s time to be spontaneous. Frontier Airlines is back with another $20 fare sale, which means you’ve probably run out of excuses to not go somewhere new. The catch? Fares much be purchased by Feb. 20, 2019. You can snoop around at FlyFrontier.com to see which destinations are spotlighted.
The $20 one-way fares are valid for nonstop domestic travel Mondays through Saturdays, and you’ll need to purchase at least 7 days in advance.
Dozens upon dozens of routes look to be eligible, with fares effective between Feb. 26, 2019 and April 4, 2019.
There are $20 fares to be had and other sale fares pricing at just $39 each way, so that’s still a bargain for travel between locales like Denver (DEN) and Fresno (FAT).
When pricing out flights for your family on Frontier Airlines, remember to factor in the additional fees you may incur, including charges for full-size carry-on bags, checked bags, seat assignments and inflight tipping. But also note that ‘kids fly free’ on Frontier on select dates if you have a Discount Den membership.
Routes: Various domestic routes
Cost: $20+ one-way
Booking Link: Orbitz, Expedia or directly with the airline
Pay With: The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Premier® Card, Citi Prestige (5x on airfare plus excellent trip delay insurance) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel).
Here are some examples of routes you can book.
Denver (DEN) to Palm Springs (PSP) for $20 one-way
Atlanta (ATL) to Miami (MIA) for $20 one-way
Las Vegas (LAS) to San Francisco (SFO) for $20 one-way
Charleston (CHS) to Philadelphia (PHL) for $20 one-way
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
If you want to use miles and jump on these fares, you could pay for the tickets with your Discover it Miles card and then pay yourself back for the $15+ fares with the miles earned on your card in the form of a statement credit since there is no minimum redemption amount for travel charges on that card.
If Frontier Airlines is a regular part of your family’s budget travel strategy, you may want to brush-up on some of its latest family-friendly developments. In addition to ‘kids flying free‘, this includes the ability for some Frontier Miles members to pool miles together, the availability complimentary family seat assignments for certain Frontier elite members and even waived or reduced change fees for all.
Featured image courtesy of JT Genter / The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees