Deal Alert: Award Flights to Hawaii From 19,000 Miles Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
We’ve seen some incredible deals to Hawaii in the last couple of weeks with fares dropping as low as $247 round-trip. But now the Hawaii deals are extending to award flights. You can now book round-trip award flights to Hawaii from just 19,000 SkyMiles round-trip.
Unlike Delta’s frequent award sales, this deal isn’t being advertised. So, there’s no known booking window or sample routes. I’ve listed the options that I could find, but hop onto Delta.com and search around for the route of your choice to see how it’s pricing.
At current TPG valuations, 19,000 SkyMiles are worth just $228. Adding in taxes and fees starting at $11, and this is equivalent to scoring a $239 round-trip deal. For reference, both American Airlines and United charge 45,000 miles round-trip between the mainland and Hawaii. And this Delta deal even bests the British Airways Avios sweet spot of 25,000 Avios round-trip if you can find nonstop award availability from the West Coast to Hawaii.
If you’re short on miles, remember that you can instantly transfer American Express Membership Rewards points into your SkyMiles account at 1:1 ratio.
Routes: LAX/SEA/PDX/SLC/MSP/ATL to LIH/KOA/HNL/OGG — and likely more
Cost: From 19,000 miles plus taxes/fees starting at $11 round-trip. One-way flights are pricing at half of the round-trip price.
Travel Dates: September 2018
Pay Taxes/Fees With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Lihue (LIH) for 19,000 miles + $11 round-trip nonstop:
Seattle (SEA) to Lihue (LIH) for 19,000 miles + $11 round-trip nonstop:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Kona (KOA) for 19,000 miles + $11 round-trip nonstop:
Seattle (SEA) to Kona (KOA) for 19,000 miles + $11 round-trip nonstop:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Honolulu (HNL) for 24,000 miles + $11 round-trip nonstop:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Kahului (OGG) for 24,000 miles + $11 round-trip nonstop:
Portland (PDX) to Kona (KOA) for 27,000 miles + $11 round-trip:
Salt Lake City (SLC) to Lihue (LIH) for 27,000 miles + $11 round-trip:
Minneapolis (MSP) to Lihue (LIH) for 33,000 miles + $11 round-trip:
Atlanta (ATL) to Kona (KOA) for 34,000 miles + $11 round-trip:
Although you won’t be able to earn a Delta credit card welcome bonus quick enough to take advantage of this particular deal, consider applying for a Delta card for the next time the carrier has an award sale. Right now, the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express comes with a welcome bonus of 30,000 bonus miles after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within your first 3 months and a $50 Statement Credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.
If you have a business, the Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express is offering 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) and 35,000 bonus miles after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $100 Statement Credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.
Featured image via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.