Deal Alert: Award Flights to Hawaii From 19,000 Miles Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
We’ve seen some incredible deals to Hawaii in the last couple of weeks with fares dropping as low as $247 round-trip. But now the Hawaii deals are extending to award flights. You can now book round-trip award flights to Hawaii from just 19,000 SkyMiles round-trip.
Unlike Delta’s frequent award sales, this deal isn’t being advertised. So, there’s no known booking window or sample routes. I’ve listed the options that I could find, but hop onto Delta.com and search around for the route of your choice to see how it’s pricing.
At current TPG valuations, 19,000 SkyMiles are worth just $228. Adding in taxes and fees starting at $11, and this is equivalent to scoring a $239 round-trip deal. For reference, both American Airlines and United charge 45,000 miles round-trip between the mainland and Hawaii. And this Delta deal even bests the British Airways Avios sweet spot of 25,000 Avios round-trip if you can find nonstop award availability from the West Coast to Hawaii.
If you’re short on miles, remember that you can instantly transfer American Express Membership Rewards points into your SkyMiles account at 1:1 ratio.
Routes: LAX/SEA/PDX/SLC/MSP/ATL to LIH/KOA/HNL/OGG — and likely more
Cost: From 19,000 miles plus taxes/fees starting at $11 round-trip. One-way flights are pricing at half of the round-trip price.
Travel Dates: September 2018
Pay Taxes/Fees With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, Citi Prestige (5x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Lihue (LIH) for 19,000 miles + $11 round-trip nonstop:
Seattle (SEA) to Lihue (LIH) for 19,000 miles + $11 round-trip nonstop:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Kona (KOA) for 19,000 miles + $11 round-trip nonstop:
Seattle (SEA) to Kona (KOA) for 19,000 miles + $11 round-trip nonstop:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Honolulu (HNL) for 24,000 miles + $11 round-trip nonstop:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Kahului (OGG) for 24,000 miles + $11 round-trip nonstop:
Portland (PDX) to Kona (KOA) for 27,000 miles + $11 round-trip:
Salt Lake City (SLC) to Lihue (LIH) for 27,000 miles + $11 round-trip:
Minneapolis (MSP) to Lihue (LIH) for 33,000 miles + $11 round-trip:
Atlanta (ATL) to Kona (KOA) for 34,000 miles + $11 round-trip:
Although you won’t be able to earn a Delta credit card welcome bonus quick enough to take advantage of this particular deal, consider applying for a Delta card for the next time the carrier has an award sale. Right now, the Gold Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express comes with a welcome bonus of 30,000 bonus miles after you use your new Card to make $1,000 in purchases within your first 3 months and a $50 Statement Credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.
If you have a business, the Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card from American Express is offering 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) and 35,000 bonus miles after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $100 Statement Credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.
Featured image via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees