This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Delta’s periodic mileage sale for award flights to Europe is back! Flights to major European destinations such as Milan (MXP), Zurich (ZRH), London (LHR) and more are on sale from 32,000 SkyMiles round-trip. And although Delta has recently introduced basic economy on award tickets, all of these fares book into Main Cabin, so you’ll still be able to check a bag and select a seat for free.
Delta has listed the following routes as being discounted as part of this sale:
However, other departure cities appear to be available, so it could still be worth plugging in your origin city and preferred destination even if you don’t see it listed. If you’re short on miles, remember that you can instantly transfer American Express Membership Rewards points into your SkyMiles account at 1:1 ratio.
Note that this is a different sale than the one on flights to Europe, Israel and South Africa from 28,000 miles. (Unfortunately, that sale ended on Thursday.)
Routes: JFK/IND/BOS/ORD/ATL to MXP/ZRH/CDG/LHR/BRU/DUS (and likely more)
Cost: From 32,000 miles in economy to Europe
Travel Dates: January 14 – March 6, 2019
Purchase By: December 19 at 11:59 PST
Pay Taxes/Fees With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare), Citi Premier Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve Card, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Prestige Card (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York Kennedy (JFK) to Milan (MXP) for 32,000 miles + $54 in taxes and fees round-trip:
New York Kennedy (JFK) to Zurich (ZRH) for 32,000 miles + $58 in taxes and fees round-trip:
Indianapolis (IND) to Paris (CDG) for 32,000 miles + $83 in taxes and fees round-trip:
Boston (BOS) to London Heathrow (LHR) for 32,000 miles + $180 in taxes and fees round-trip:
New York Kennedy (JFK) to London Heathrow (LHR) for 32,000 miles + $180 in taxes and fees round-trip:
Chicago O’Hare (ORD) to Brussels (BRU) for 36,000 miles + $62 in taxes and fees round-trip:
Atlanta (ATL) to Dusseldorf (DUS) for 36,000 miles + $96 in taxes and fees round-trip:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve Card, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier Card, Citi Prestige Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Feature image by Gennaro Leonardi/EyeEm via Getty Images.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
- Earn 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) and 35,000 bonus miles after you spend $1,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn a $100 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months.
- Check your first bag for free and save up to $50 on a round trip Delta flight.
- Find room for your carry-on and settle into your seat sooner with Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding.
- Enjoy 20% savings on eligible in-flight purchases in the form of a statement credit with the American Express Delta Card.
- Earn 2 Miles per dollar spent on purchases made directly with Delta. Earn 1 mile on every eligible dollar spent on purchases. Miles don't expire.
- Terms and limitations apply
- See Rates & Fees