Deal Alert: Award Flights to Europe From 32,000 Miles Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here.
Delta’s periodic mileage sale for award flights to Europe is back! Flights to major European destinations such as Milan (MXP), Zurich (ZRH), London (LHR) and more are on sale from 32,000 SkyMiles round-trip. And although Delta has recently introduced basic economy on award tickets, all of these fares book into Main Cabin, so you’ll still be able to check a bag and select a seat for free.
Delta has listed the following routes as being discounted as part of this sale:
However, other departure cities appear to be available, so it could still be worth plugging in your origin city and preferred destination even if you don’t see it listed. If you’re short on miles, remember that you can instantly transfer American Express Membership Rewards points into your SkyMiles account at 1:1 ratio.
Note that this is a different sale than the one on flights to Europe, Israel and South Africa from 28,000 miles. (Unfortunately, that sale ended on Thursday.)
Routes: JFK/IND/BOS/ORD/ATL to MXP/ZRH/CDG/LHR/BRU/DUS (and likely more)
Cost: From 32,000 miles in economy to Europe
Travel Dates: January 14 – March 6, 2019
Purchase By: December 19 at 11:59 PST
Pay Taxes/Fees With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve Card, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Prestige Card (3x on airfare) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
New York Kennedy (JFK) to Milan (MXP) for 32,000 miles + $54 in taxes and fees round-trip:
New York Kennedy (JFK) to Zurich (ZRH) for 32,000 miles + $58 in taxes and fees round-trip:
Indianapolis (IND) to Paris (CDG) for 32,000 miles + $83 in taxes and fees round-trip:
Boston (BOS) to London Heathrow (LHR) for 32,000 miles + $180 in taxes and fees round-trip:
New York Kennedy (JFK) to London Heathrow (LHR) for 32,000 miles + $180 in taxes and fees round-trip:
Chicago O’Hare (ORD) to Brussels (BRU) for 36,000 miles + $62 in taxes and fees round-trip:
Atlanta (ATL) to Dusseldorf (DUS) for 36,000 miles + $96 in taxes and fees round-trip:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve Card, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card, Citi Prestige Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Feature image by Gennaro Leonardi/EyeEm via Getty Images.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.