Deal alert: Nonstop flights to Hawaii from $277 round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year). Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Remember when $591 round-trip used to be a good deal to Hawaii? Nowadays it seems that the “new normal” for flights to Hawaii is in the $300s from the West Coast. But, today we are seeing flights to the Hawaiian destinations of Honolulu (HNL), Maui (OGG), Kauaʻi (LIH) and Kona (KOA) as cheap as $277 round-trip.
But this deal isn’t just limited to the West Coast. There are great deals from other parts of the mainland U.S. to the 50th state for under $400 round-trip.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or through an OTA like Priceline or Expedia.
Airlines: Hawaiian, Alaska, United, American, Delta
Routes: SAN/OAK/SJC/SFO/SMF/LAX/LAS/ABQ/PHX/DAL/EWR to OGG/HNL/KOA/LIH
Cost: $277+ round-trip in economy (typically basic economy)
Travel Dates: October 2019 to May 2020 — with the cheapest prices in January-February 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
San Diego (SAN) to Kahului (OGG) for $277 round-trip nonstop on Hawaiian:
Oakland (OAK) to Kahului (OGG) for $277 round-trip nonstop on Hawaiian:
San Jose (SJC) to Kahului (OGG) for $277 round-trip nonstop on Hawaiian:
Oakland (OAK) to Honolulu (HNL) for $277 round-trip nonstop on Hawaiian:
San Jose (SJC) to Kona (KOA) for $277 round-trip nonstop in Alaska Saver fares:
Oakland (OAK) to Lihue (LIH) for $277 round-trip nonstop in Alaska Saver fares:
San Diego (SAN) to Kona (KOA) for $297 round-trip nonstop in Alaska Saver fares:
San Francisco (SFO) to Honolulu (HNL) for $297 round-trip nonstop on Hawaiian:
Sacramento (SMF) to Kahului (OGG) for $297 round-trip nonstop on Hawaiian:
Albuquerque (ABQ) to Kahului (OGG) for $355 round-trip one-stop in United basic economy:
Dallas Love Field (DAL) to Kahului/Maui (OGG) for $439 round-trip in Alaska Saver fares:
Newark (EWR) to Honolulu (HNL) for $516 round-trip nonstop in Alaska Saver fares:
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card, Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out our guide to the best cards for airfare purchases to learn more.
Featured photo by M Swiet Productions/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 75,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,500
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, up to $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber savings annually (only for use in the U.S.) (Enrollment required for select benefits)
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 75,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $5,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 10x points on eligible purchases on your new Card at U.S. Gas Stations and U.S. Supermarkets, on up to $15,000 in combined purchases, during your first 6 months of Card Membership. That’s an additional 9 points on top of the 1 point you earn for these purchases.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and up to $200 in Uber savings on rides or eats orders in the US annually. Uber Cash and Uber VIP status is available to Basic Card Member and Additional Centurion Cards only.
- Earn 5X Membership Rewards® Points for flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel. Starting January 1, 2021, earn 5X points on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year.
- 5X Membership Rewards® Points on prepaid hotels booked with American Express Travel.
- Enjoy complimentary access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits through American Express Travel with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts® program at over 1,100 properties. Learn More.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. That’s up to $50 in statement credits semi-annually. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees