Double dip deal: Chase Sapphire Reserve cardholders can redeem 20,000 points for $500 of Away luggage
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Now through Feb. 28, Chase Sapphire Reserve® cardholders can save $200 when using their card to purchase at least $500 at Away Luggage. Combined with a double-dipping opportunity currently available on the Chase Sapphire cards, you could get $500 worth of Away luggage for just 20,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
The deal, which is valid for one use only, may not be combined with other Away promotions or discounts and purchases must be made directly through Away online. Cardholders must register for the Chase offer to save.
You can also pair this deal with an ongoing Pay Yourself Back offer with Away, which allows Chase users to redeem points at up to 1.5 cents each. Chase Sapphire Reserve® and Chase Sapphire Preferred® Cardholders can redeem 1.5 cents per point and 1.25 cents per point respectively on Away purchases through March 31.
For example, let’s say you spent $500 using your Sapphire Reserve through this offer, receiving the $200 back and reducing your purchase to only $300. Then after the credit hits your next statement, you could double-dip and use Pay Yourself Back to cover that expense, redeeming 20,000 Chase Ultimate Rewards points at 1.5 cents each for your $300 Away purchase. Essentially, you’d get $500 worth of Away luggage for 20,000 points when you double dip these offers — 2.5 cents in value per point redeemed, which is higher than TPG’s current Chase Ultimate Rewards points valuation of 2 cents each.
Note that Chase Sapphire Reserve and Sapphire Preferred cardholders can also currently save on Airbnb purchases through Pay Yourself Back.
Act now because this deal expires on Feb. 28. If you’ve been on the lookout for new luggage for any 2022 travels, you can save a lot of money on an Away bag and get a great value out of your Chase points to boot.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.