Deal alert: Round-trip flights to Cancun and Cozumel for under $300
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
What better way to start the new year than with the sandy beaches, warm weather and vibrant culture of Mexico? These deals on American and United Airlines to Cancun and Cozumel may be just what you’re looking for. Fly from many U.S. cities from $242 in select months of 2022.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Our friends at Scott’s Cheap Flights first reported this deal, which applies to travel between January – March and September – October 2022.
The deal is for economy seating which includes a carry-on but it doesn’t include the ability to choose your seat. There is also an additional fee for a checked bag, $30 on American and $35 on United.
Airline: American Airlines and United.
Routes: LAX/LGA/SEA/ORD to CUN and CZM.
Cost: Starting at $242 round-trip depending on the route.
How to book: Directly through airline sites or Google Flights
Dates: From January – March 2022 and September 2022 to mid-October 2022
American Airlines offers a warm getaway to Cozumel (CZM) from New York (LGA) throughout January and February for those in the tri-state area. The deal we found was at $242 round-trip, with one stop in Miami, toward the end of January.
Escape the frigid temperatures of Chicago (ORD) in February for $243 round-trip to Cozumel (CZM) on American Airlines.
We found options on Google Flights from Seattle (SEA) to Cancun (CUN) at $273 for United’s economy seating at the end of January.
United also has many options in its most restrictive Basic Economy tier from Los Angeles (LAX) to Cancun (CUN) for $281 throughout February 2022.
Maximize your purchase
Pay with: The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), the Citi Prestige® Card for 5x on airfare, the Citi Premier® Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3x on air travel, the American Express® Gold Card for 3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2x on travel — which you could redeem for as little as 13,000 points.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Whether you are looking for the elaborate resorts and nightlife of Cancun or the scuba diving opportunities off of Cozumel, the Mexican Caribbean offers year-round attractions. These deals on United and American will make a trip there even more enjoyable if you book soon.
Featured image by Simon Dannhauer/Shutterstock.com.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees