Deal roundup: SkyMiles to Denver, South America on sale, Amazing Alaska and more
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Every weekend, we round up the top miles, points and travel deals that you might have missed on TPG this week. Here’s what you need to know:
The draw of Alaska’s tranquil beauty has a particular appeal at a time when the world is hectic. If the notion of glacier hikes, salmon fishing and wildlife viewing seems too good to resist, Alaska Airlines and Delta Air Lines have a deal for you. Basic economy fares are available for as low as $135 round-trip for departures from January – October 2022. Departure cities include Seattle (SEA), Los Angeles (LAX), Chicago (ORD), Newark (EWR) and Orlando (MCO) to Ancorage (ANC).
A new year is upon us soon and Costa Rica is calling. Fly nonstop from New York City (JFK), Los Angeles (LAX), Miami (MIA) and many more cities to San Jose (SJO) for as little as $184 in late January – early February. Some flights are also available in the fall of 2022. You’ll find the deals on American, Avianca, Copa, Delta and JetBlue.
South America is on sale with amazing fares to Cartagena, Colombia. The country is one of the easiest international destinations to visit at the moment. And Caribbean Cartagena is renowned for its colonial charm. American and JetBlue will get you there for less than $300 from Miami and Fort Lauderdale. Additional departure cities include New York (JFK), Cleveland (CLE) and Indianapolis (IND). Available dates in January – October 2022, but you’ll find the best fares from January – March.
Your Delta SkyMiles will have you on skis with this great offer to Denver. Flights are available for as little as 6,000 SkyMiles in Delta’s Basic Economy tier. You can upgrade to Main Cabin (which will get you a seat assignment and free cancellation) for an additional 3K SkyMiles. Depart from Atlanta (ATL), Boston (BOS), New York (JFK) Seattle (SEA), Los Angeles (LAX) and more to Denver (DEN) from January – October 2022. Availability is limited, so you don’t want to sit on this one.
Featured image by Westend61 / Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees