Southwest flights from $39, $300 flights to Greece and more
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Every weekend, we round up the top miles, points and travel deals that you might have missed on TPG this week. Here’s what you need to know:
If you’ve been holding off on making fall travel plans, but are ready to book now, you’re in luck, reports TPG’s Benji Stawski. Southwest is back with another sale, this time with discounted fares across its network.
Now through Sept. 27, Southwest is offering discounted Wanna Get Away fares for travel throughout the fall. Although Southwest is advertising fares from $59 one-way, the TPG team was able to find fares as low as $39 each way. Alternatively, you could book your flight from 2,240 points (worth $33.60 based on TPG valuations).
You won’t see the lowest advertised fares every day of the week so you’ll want to use Southwest’s handy low-fare calendar button to search by cheapest price. As a general rule of thumb, the shorter the distance, the lower the fare.
TPG’s Caroline Tanner reported this week on round-trip flights to Greece for under $300, courtesy of our friends at Scott’s Cheap Flights.
This flight deal is massive and includes basic economy flights from over 150 U.S. cities, ranging in price from as little as $286 to $521.
Flights can be found from three cities — New York, Philadelphia and Chicago — for less than $300. This marks the best price on record for the included routes. Previously, the lowest price for ORD-ATH was $294 round-trip, and it normally costs $850.
There are more than 100 departure cities with round-trip flights totaling $400 or less, including from St. Louis’ Lambert International Airport (STL).
Whether you’re an American Airlines or JetBlue Airways fan, you can find fares from Miami (MIA) and West Palm Beach, Florida (PBI), to Los Angeles (LAX) on lie-flat, business-class seats for just $797 round-trip, reports TPG’s Stella Shon.
These fares can run double the price normally and work if you’re booking a one-way flight instead.
Featured photo by Zach Griff for The Points Guy.Featured photo by vaalaa / Shutterstock.com
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees