This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update 1/22/2019 7:21am: The BA sale page is now showing that this deal is no longer active. Check back Wednesday to see the newest cities that are part of this 100-year sale.
With British Airways entering its centenary year, the deal hunters among us should be poised for some goodness coming from London.
The 100-year-old airline announced on Monday that it would sell 100 seats for £100 to different destinations each day of the week. Monday’s offering disappeared within the hour, so be quick if you want to get in on the action on Tuesday and throughout the rest of the week.
Tickets go on sale at midday GMT (7am ET) each day from January 21-24.
Two destinations, unknown in advance, will be offered each day.
Monday: New York and Cape Town (SOLD OUT)
Tuesday: Boston and Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi tickets are available are for outbound travel from April 22 to May 22, 2019, with a return before June 2, 2019. And Boston tickets are available from for outbound travel beginning February 25 through March 22, 2019, with a return before March 29.
£100 ($128) each way for coach seats including 23kg checked baggage.
How to Book?
The offer is bookable here directly with British Airways.
Will I Earn Miles and Can I Upgrade?
The ticket books into M class. Monday’s deal to Cape Town would have earned a BA Executive Club Blue member 6,020 Avios (18,060 Avios for a Gold member) and 80 tier points. M class tickets are also upgradable using Avios to World Traveller Plus, should you be able to find redemption availability.
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare on plus excellent trip delay insurance), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards