Act Quick: BA Offering 100 Seats for $128 One-Way From London to Boston and Abu Dhabi
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update 1/22/2019 7:21am: The BA sale page is now showing that this deal is no longer active. Check back Wednesday to see the newest cities that are part of this 100-year sale.
With British Airways entering its centenary year, the deal hunters among us should be poised for some goodness coming from London.
The 100-year-old airline announced on Monday that it would sell 100 seats for £100 to different destinations each day of the week. Monday’s offering disappeared within the hour, so be quick if you want to get in on the action on Tuesday and throughout the rest of the week.
Tickets go on sale at midday GMT (7am ET) each day from January 21-24.
Two destinations, unknown in advance, will be offered each day.
Monday: New York and Cape Town (SOLD OUT)
Tuesday: Boston and Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi tickets are available are for outbound travel from April 22 to May 22, 2019, with a return before June 2, 2019. And Boston tickets are available from for outbound travel beginning February 25 through March 22, 2019, with a return before March 29.
£100 ($128) each way for coach seats including 23kg checked baggage.
How to Book?
The offer is bookable here directly with British Airways.
Will I Earn Miles and Can I Upgrade?
The ticket books into M class. Monday’s deal to Cape Town would have earned a BA Executive Club Blue member 6,020 Avios (18,060 Avios for a Gold member) and 80 tier points. M class tickets are also upgradable using Avios to World Traveller Plus, should you be able to find redemption availability.
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare on plus excellent trip delay insurance), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image courtesy of Shutterstock.
WELCOME OFFER: 30,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: up to $100 annual CLEAR statement credit, up to $100 annual LoungeBuddy statement credit, 3x points on travel and transit, 3x points on restaurants worldwide
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 30,000 Membership Rewards® points after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on all eligible travel, from subway swipes and window seats to hotel stays and city tours.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points at restaurants worldwide.
- Receive up to $100 per year in statement credits when you use the American Express® Green Card to pay for your CLEAR® membership at select airports and stadiums across the U.S. and Permissible Biometric Scanning Technology terms: eye scanning, irises scanning and fingerprints scanning.
- Use the American Express® Green Card to purchase lounge access through LoungeBuddy to any of the lounges in the LoungeBuddy network – no memberships, elite statuses, or first class tickets required. Earn up to $100 in statement credits per calendar year on your LoungeBuddy purchases.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $150 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees