Exclusive deal alert: Aspen Meadows Resort flash sale
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As this year’s ski season approaches, you may be considering ski lodging in spots like Park City, Vail or Breckenridge. TPG just got access to an exclusive deal alert from another top domestic ski destination: Aspen, Colorado.
Starting today, Sept. 28, through this Friday, Oct. 1, Aspen Meadows Resort is offering its biggest sale of the year with deep discounts up to 30% off stays this fall and winter, perfect for your upcoming trips this 2021–2022 ski season.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Situated on more than 5,500 acres across the Rocky Mountains, Aspen is known for being an upscale ski resort town and a year-round destination for outdoor recreation with four distinct mountains in two towns, Aspen and Snowmass: Snowmass, Aspen Mountain, Aspen Highlands and Buttermilk.
Aspen Snowmass is celebrating its 75th anniversary this year by offering early bird discounted lift tickets, including 10% off tickets bought by Oct. 15.
Tucked away on 40 acres in Aspen’s historic West End neighborhood, Aspen Meadows Resort is convenient yet private, just a short ride from both downtown Aspen and the Aspen/Pitkin County Airport (ASE). (If you are thinking about renting a car, note that the resort offers guests a complimentary electric shuttle to get around town.)
Rates normally start at $275 per night (plus a $33.39 per night resort fee) for select dates when the Aspen and Snowmass ski lifts are running, offering slope options for all levels of skiers, including first-timers, children and those more experienced. For all your ski gear needs, the resort partners with Four Mountain Sports to bring guests ski valet service at the four mountains, including overnight on-mountain ski, snowboard storage and intermountain equipment transfers.
Checking rates on a weekend in November, travelers can book an Aspen Junior Suite for $192.57/night. When we checked those same dates/room type before the flash sale went live, the Best Available Rate was $251.
Guests can choose from 98 rooms and suites, ranging from studios to two bedrooms, floor-to-ceiling windows designed in true Bauhaus fashion with a minimal design and sweeping views of the Rockies. Bonus points for the resort being pet-friendly.
If you, like me, who have managed to reach adulthood without skiing, there’s no need to fret as there are still plenty of opportunities to enjoy your time in Aspen off the slopes while being equally as active. For example, the Meadows’ offers complimentary snowshoes for a wintry walks beside the nearby Roaring Fork River.
If you’d prefer to keep your physical activity indoors, get your endorphins pumping in the resort’s health club and gym, which also has an outdoor lap pool and hot tub for your post-workout dip. There’s also an extensive art collection to explore with indoor galleries donning works by Herbert Bayer as well as outdoor sculptures. And if you’d prefer to actually vacate on your vacation, doesn’t spending the day reading by the fireplace just sound lovely? It goes without saying that apres-ski follows it all. (Note that as of Sept. 15, Pitkin County has enacted an indoor mask requirement in public spaces for all individuals 2 and older, regardless of vaccination status, applicable to Aspen Snowmass indoor spaces and public transportation.)
For your post- mountain fuel, try the resort’s restaurant Plato’s — open for both lunch and dinner daily from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Their menu is compliments of Executive Chef Jason Thompson who “brings diners dishes made with sustainable, local ingredients.” Families and groups can eat outside in heated dining igloos or dine indoors.
One of the coolest things about this resort is its commitment to being more eco-friendly. “Aspen Meadows Resort is in continuous pursuit to minimize its ecological footprint wherever possible,” says the resort. They’ve taken many steps to further in-house green initiatives, including ones aimed at reaching zero food and beverage waste; increasing electric vehicles usage for property shuttles and decreasing water usage.
Aspen Meadows Resort has implemented several environmentally friendly initiatives, including:
- Composting as much organic waste as possible through the Aspen SCRAPS City composting program.
- Sourcing food from local businesses, such as Woody Creek Distillery, Farm Runners and their own herb garden on the property.
- Elimination of plastic water bottles in rooms to Nordaq re-fillable glass bottles filled with locally sourced Aspen tap water.
- Offering two EV charging stations for use by guests and three We-Cycle bike stations located across the property, in addition to regular bikes for guest use.
If you are looking to make even more of an impact on your personal carbon footprint, ask about the resort’s “Save Water, Free Drinks” program which rewards guests who forego housekeeping services during their stay with two free drinks at Plato’s.
A Wyndham property, Aspen Meadows Resort is a Dolce Resort, so you could both redeem and earn Wyndham Rewards as part of this sale. Be sure to book fast, as this deal is short but sweet.
Featured image of Aspen Meadows Resort in Aspen, Colorado courtesy of Aspen Meadows Resort.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees