Deal alert: Amtrak’s 2-for-1 sale on Northeast Corridor routes is now permanent
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Amtrak has extended its buy one, get one companion fare sale for routes on the Northeast corridor. However, these deals are only available for Saturday travel. Amtrak tells TPG that this sale will run indefinitely until otherwise stated, customers will just need to purchase their tickets at least three days in advance to take advantage of the savings.
The Northeast corridor covers transportation through major cities including New York City, Boston, Philadelphia, Washington DC and more. Rides on the high-speed Acela are included in this sale, as well as Northeast Regional routes if you’re looking to double down on some savings.
To access these deals use the discount code C222 on Amtrak.com. Bookings must be made three days in advance and the companion and full fare paying passenger must travel together on the same itinerary. The deal is also only available in coach seats on the Northeast regional train or business class on the Acela (which only offers business and first class seats).
Routes: Available on all Northeast Corridor routes, but not valid on unreserved service on the Pennsylvanian and Keystone Service locally between Philadelphia and Harrisburg and Thruway Service.
Cost: From $37 one-way for two tickets
Restrictions: This offer if not combinable with any other discount offer. Sale prices are not available at all times and on all routes. This offer is also subject to any restrictions, blackouts and refund rules that apply to the type of fare purchased, a 25 percent cancellation fee may apply.
Pay With: Chase Sapphire Reserve® (3x on travel), Citi Premier℠ Card (3x on travel) or Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card (2x on travel)
Here a few examples of what you can book
Charlottesville, VA to Washington DC for two people for $37 one-way:
Boston, MA to New York, NY for two people for $83 one-way:
New York, NY to Philadelphia, PA for two people for $113 one-way on Acela:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on train purchases, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card (3x on all travel purchases), Citi Premier Card (3x on travel purchases) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases).
Featured image courtesy of Amtrak.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 5X points on Lyft rides through March 2022. That’s 3X points in addition to the 2X points you already earn on travel.