Amtrak Launches 2-for-1 Mother’s Day Sale on Routes Nationwide
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Citi Premier® Card
Here is your chance to go above and beyond this Mother’s Day.
Amtrak is having a two-for-one ‘Unconditional Love’ flash sale from today, May 9 to May 13. So you can send your mother (and whomever they want to bring along with them) on a trip they’re sure to love this summer.
The deal covers two adult, economy class tickets as well as travel on the high-speed Acela. And, unfortunately, upgrades are not permitted when purchasing through the flash sale. Travel dates fall from June 1 to September 30 for trips to many major cities throughout the US — including New York City, Chicago, Boston, New Orleans, Seattle, Atlanta and beyond. Prices are starting as low as $29 one-way for two passengers.
You’ll need to enter a promo code to access these discounted fares. Make sure to input C250 in the coupon/promo code box before completing your search. The discounts are not valid on unreserved service which includes the Capitol Corridor, Pacific Surfliner, Hiawatha, Unreserved sections of the Pennsylvanian and Keystone Service and 7000-8999 Thruways.
Routes: Available on all reserved routes, though no upgrades are permitted.
Cost: From $29 one-way for two tickets
Book by: May 13, 2019
Travel Dates: June 1 to September 30, 2019
Restrictions: This offer if not combinable with any other discount offer. Sale prices are not available at all times and on all routes. This offer is also subject to any restrictions, blackouts and refund rules that apply to the type of fare purchased, a 25 percent cancellation fee may apply
Pay With: Chase Sapphire Reserve Card (3x on travel), Citi Premier® Card (3x on travel) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here a few examples of what you can book:
Seattle, WA to Portland, OR for two people for $35 one-way:
Detroit, MI to Chicago, IL for two people for $39 one-way:
New York, NY to Washington DC for two people for $96 one-way:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on train purchases, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card (3x on all travel purchases), Citi Premier® Card (3x on travel purchases) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases).
Featured image courtesy of Amtrak.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide, eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on orders over $12 for a minimum of one year on qualifying food purchases with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Earn 2x total points on up to $1,000 in grocery store purchases per month from November 1, 2020 to April 30, 2021. Includes eligible pick-up and delivery services.