Amtrak Launches 2-for-1 Mother’s Day Sale on Routes Nationwide
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Update: Some offers mentioned below are no longer available. View the current offers here – Citi Premier® Card
Here is your chance to go above and beyond this Mother’s Day.
Amtrak is having a two-for-one ‘Unconditional Love’ flash sale from today, May 9 to May 13. So you can send your mother (and whomever they want to bring along with them) on a trip they’re sure to love this summer.
The deal covers two adult, economy class tickets as well as travel on the high-speed Acela. And, unfortunately, upgrades are not permitted when purchasing through the flash sale. Travel dates fall from June 1 to September 30 for trips to many major cities throughout the US — including New York City, Chicago, Boston, New Orleans, Seattle, Atlanta and beyond. Prices are starting as low as $29 one-way for two passengers.
You’ll need to enter a promo code to access these discounted fares. Make sure to input C250 in the coupon/promo code box before completing your search. The discounts are not valid on unreserved service which includes the Capitol Corridor, Pacific Surfliner, Hiawatha, Unreserved sections of the Pennsylvanian and Keystone Service and 7000-8999 Thruways.
Routes: Available on all reserved routes, though no upgrades are permitted.
Cost: From $29 one-way for two tickets
Book by: May 13, 2019
Travel Dates: June 1 to September 30, 2019
Restrictions: This offer if not combinable with any other discount offer. Sale prices are not available at all times and on all routes. This offer is also subject to any restrictions, blackouts and refund rules that apply to the type of fare purchased, a 25 percent cancellation fee may apply
Pay With: Chase Sapphire Reserve Card (3x on travel), Citi Premier® Card (3x on travel) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here a few examples of what you can book:
Seattle, WA to Portland, OR for two people for $35 one-way:
Detroit, MI to Chicago, IL for two people for $39 one-way:
New York, NY to Washington DC for two people for $96 one-way:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on train purchases, such as the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card (3x on all travel purchases), Citi Premier® Card (3x on travel purchases) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases).
Featured image courtesy of Amtrak.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees