Take advantage of Amazon’s sale on Apple Watches before your next trip
If you’re in the market for an Apple Watch, which is great for travel and navigating your way around the city, now is a great time to score a pretty good deal on one with Amazon’s current discount on Apple Watch Series 3 versions, according to Miles to Memories. While this isn’t the latest model, there are some pretty steep discounts to be had.
The sale is for both the 38 mm and 42 mm watch sizes and includes discounts for both GPS and select GPS with cellular models.
38 mm GPS-only versions are starting at just $199 (Amazon.com Price: 199.00 as of 09/3/2019 5:20pm EST – Details) — nearly a 30% discount, which is pretty rare when it comes to anything Apple. If you’re looking for the slightly larger 42 mm face size, the GPS-only versions are selling for $229 (Amazon.com Price: 229.00 as of 09/3/2019 5:20pm EST – Details) down from the usual $309.
If you’re looking for the latest Series 4 model, it’s also on sale. The latest Apple Watch Series 4 is selling at a discount of around $20 (Amazon.com Price: 379.00 as of 09/3/2019 5:20pm EST – Details). Note that the Apple Watch Series
As TPG points out, Apple watches are great for frequent travelers. The “taptic engine” feature for example, can be extremely useful when traveling and your flight is delayed or gate changes. The health and fitness features, which help track daily activity and sleep patterns, are also huge when traveling. Not to mention special app capabilities such as keyless hotel room entry.
Apple products going on sale is a rare thing, so if you’ve been eyeing an Apple Watch now might be the best time to grab one for yourself. And while we don’t encourage you to pay for the watch with points, you should consider paying with a card such as The Platinum Card® from American Express, which offers Amex Purchase Protection. For more, be sure to check out our guide to earning extra points and miles on when purchasing an Apple Watch.
For the latest travel news, deals, and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.