This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re in the market for an Apple Watch, which is great for travel and navigating your way around the city, now is a great time to score a pretty good deal on one with Amazon’s current discount on Apple Watch Series 3 versions, according to Miles to Memories. While this isn’t the latest model, there are some pretty steep discounts to be had.
The sale is for both the 38 mm and 42 mm watch sizes and includes discounts for both GPS and select GPS with cellular models.
38 mm GPS-only versions are starting at just $199 (Amazon.com Price: 199.00 as of 09/3/2019 5:20pm EST – Details) — nearly a 30% discount, which is pretty rare when it comes to anything Apple. If you’re looking for the slightly larger 42 mm face size, the GPS-only versions are selling for $229 (Amazon.com Price: 229.00 as of 09/3/2019 5:20pm EST – Details) down from the usual $309.
If you’re looking for the latest Series 4 model, it’s also on sale. The latest Apple Watch Series 4 is selling at a discount of around $20 (Amazon.com Price: 379.00 as of 09/3/2019 5:20pm EST – Details). Note that the Apple Watch Series
As TPG points out, Apple watches are great for frequent travelers. The “taptic engine” feature for example, can be extremely useful when traveling and your flight is delayed or gate changes. The health and fitness features, which help track daily activity and sleep patterns, are also huge when traveling. Not to mention special app capabilities such as keyless hotel room entry.
Apple products going on sale is a rare thing, so if you’ve been eyeing an Apple Watch now might be the best time to grab one for yourself. And while we don’t encourage you to pay for the watch with points, you should consider paying with a card such as The Platinum Card® from American Express, which offers Amex Purchase Protection. For more, be sure to check out our guide to earning extra points and miles on when purchasing an Apple Watch.
For the latest travel news, deals, and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
WELCOME OFFER: 60,000 Points Terms Apply.
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: Delta Sky Club and Centurion lounge access, $200 annual airline fee credit and up to $200 in Uber credits annually
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees