Take advantage of Amazon’s sale on Apple Watches before your next trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If you’re in the market for an Apple Watch, which is great for travel and navigating your way around the city, now is a great time to score a pretty good deal on one with Amazon’s current discount on Apple Watch Series 3 versions, according to Miles to Memories. While this isn’t the latest model, there are some pretty steep discounts to be had.
The sale is for both the 38 mm and 42 mm watch sizes and includes discounts for both GPS and select GPS with cellular models.
38 mm GPS-only versions are starting at just $199 (Amazon.com Price: 199.00 as of 09/3/2019 5:20pm EST – Details) — nearly a 30% discount, which is pretty rare when it comes to anything Apple. If you’re looking for the slightly larger 42 mm face size, the GPS-only versions are selling for $229 (Amazon.com Price: 229.00 as of 09/3/2019 5:20pm EST – Details) down from the usual $309.
If you’re looking for the latest Series 4 model, it’s also on sale. The latest Apple Watch Series 4 is selling at a discount of around $20 (Amazon.com Price: 379.00 as of 09/3/2019 5:20pm EST – Details). Note that the Apple Watch Series
As TPG points out, Apple watches are great for frequent travelers. The “taptic engine” feature for example, can be extremely useful when traveling and your flight is delayed or gate changes. The health and fitness features, which help track daily activity and sleep patterns, are also huge when traveling. Not to mention special app capabilities such as keyless hotel room entry.
Apple products going on sale is a rare thing, so if you’ve been eyeing an Apple Watch now might be the best time to grab one for yourself. And while we don’t encourage you to pay for the watch with points, you should consider paying with a card such as The Platinum Card® from American Express, which offers Amex Purchase Protection. For more, be sure to check out our guide to earning extra points and miles on when purchasing an Apple Watch.
For the latest travel news, deals, and points and miles tips please subscribe to The Points Guy daily email newsletter.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in your first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at US restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees