Today only: Alaska Airlines flash sale starting at $34 one-way
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year). Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Looking for a late holiday gift, or just want to take advantage of the winter season before Spring takes over in a few months? Alaska Airlines is having a one-day-only flash sale on winter flights across the U.S. west coast and more. In fact, you can find routes for as low as $34 one-way during this sale.
Note that you must book by today (Dec. 27, 2019), and travel is valid only on certain days between Jan. 2 and Jan. 29, 2020.
To check out available sale prices and routes, check out Alaska Airline’s Flash Sale deals page. If you see a route that interests you, check Saver or Main for your ticket class and use the calendar functionality to book your fares through the Alaska Airlines website.
Airline: Alaska Airlines
Routes: Across the U.S. west coast and more. Check out the full list of deals here.
Cost: $34+ one-way
Dates: January 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® credit card (3x on eligible Alaska Airlines purchases), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
The information for the Citi Prestige card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Here are a few examples of what you can book during this deal:
Everett/Paine Field (PAE) to Portland (PDX) for as low as $34 one-way, $68 round-trip.
San Jose (SJC) to San Diego (SAN) for as low as $49 one-way, $98 round-trip.
Dallas (DFW) to Seattle (SEA) for as low as $89 one-way, $178 round-trip.
San Diego (SAN) to Kona, Hawaii (KOA) for as low as $139 one-way, $278 round-trip.
Though the sale is advertised for one-way Saver and Main fares, using the calendar functionality through the Flash Sale page on the Alaska Airlines website also shows available dates where you can book your return flight for the same cost.
Maximize your purchase
When booking these fares, don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the Alaska Airlines Visa Signature Card that earns 3x on eligible Alaska Airlines purchases. You can also use The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card, Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases).
Check out this guide for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list/
Featured image courtesy of Alaska Airlines.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.