Today only: Alaska Airlines flash sale starting at $34 one-way
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Looking for a late holiday gift, or just want to take advantage of the winter season before Spring takes over in a few months? Alaska Airlines is having a one-day-only flash sale on winter flights across the U.S. west coast and more. In fact, you can find routes for as low as $34 one-way during this sale.
Note that you must book by today (Dec. 27, 2019), and travel is valid only on certain days between Jan. 2 and Jan. 29, 2020.
To check out available sale prices and routes, check out Alaska Airline’s Flash Sale deals page. If you see a route that interests you, check Saver or Main for your ticket class and use the calendar functionality to book your fares through the Alaska Airlines website.
Airline: Alaska Airlines
Routes: Across the U.S. west coast and more. Check out the full list of deals here.
Cost: $34+ one-way
Dates: January 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® credit card (3x on eligible Alaska Airlines purchases), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
The information for the Citi Prestige card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
Here are a few examples of what you can book during this deal:
Everett/Paine Field (PAE) to Portland (PDX) for as low as $34 one-way, $68 round-trip.
San Jose (SJC) to San Diego (SAN) for as low as $49 one-way, $98 round-trip.
Dallas (DFW) to Seattle (SEA) for as low as $89 one-way, $178 round-trip.
San Diego (SAN) to Kona, Hawaii (KOA) for as low as $139 one-way, $278 round-trip.
Though the sale is advertised for one-way Saver and Main fares, using the calendar functionality through the Flash Sale page on the Alaska Airlines website also shows available dates where you can book your return flight for the same cost.
Maximize your purchase
When booking these fares, don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as the Alaska Airlines Visa Signature Card that earns 3x on eligible Alaska Airlines purchases. You can also use The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card, Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases).
Check out this guide for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
For more TPG news and deals delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter here: https://thepointsguy.com/mailing-list//
Featured image courtesy of Alaska Airlines.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees