Deal Alert: Fly Air NZ to the South Pacific, New Zealand and Australia From $544 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Airfare deals are typically only available on limited dates. We recommend you use Google Flights to find dates to fly, then book through an online travel agency such as Orbitz or Expedia, which allows you to cancel flights without penalty by 11pm Eastern Time within one day of booking. However, if you’re using The Platinum Card® from American Express, you’ll need to book directly with the airline or through the Amex Travel portal to get 5x MR points. Remember: Fares may disappear quickly, so book right away and take advantage of Orbitz or Expedia’s courtesy cancellation if you’re unable to get the time away from work or family.
Former five-year “Best Airline” champion Air New Zealand has released some discounted fares to the UK, Australia, New Zealand and the Cook Islands for Cyber Monday. Until Nov. 26 at midnight PST, you can fly from Los Angeles (LAX), San Fransisco (SFO), Honolulu (HNL), Chicago (ORD) and Houston (IAH) to a variety of cities in the previously mentioned regions. Discounts on business class and premium economy fares are available as well, so make sure to check them out on the Air New Zealand website.
Airlines: Air New Zealand
Routes: LAX/SFO/HNL/ORD/IAH to AKL/LHR/MEL/SYD/RAR/BNR
Cost: $544+ round-trip in economy, $1794+ round-trip in business
Travel Dates: November 2018 to May 2019 (date exclusions depend on type of fare and destination)
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Premier Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Los Angeles (LAX) to London (LHR) for $443 round-trip on Air New Zealand:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Cook Islands (RAR) for $544 round-trip on Air New Zealand:
Honolulu (HNL) to Auckland (AKL) for $674 round-trip on Air New Zealand:
San Fransisco (SFO) to Melbourne (MEL) for $710 round-trip on Air New Zealand:
San Fransisco (SFO) to Sydney (SYD) for $722 round-trip on Air New Zealand:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Brisbane (BNE) for $727 round-trip on Air New Zealand:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Auckland (LHR) for $734 round-trip on Air New Zealand via United:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Rarotonga (RAR) for $1,794 round-trip on Air New Zealand in business class:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured imag by Stas Kulesh / Getty Images.
- Earn up to 100,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs). Earn 80,000 bonus miles and 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $5,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Plus, earn an additional 20,000 bonus miles after your first anniversary of Card Membership. Offer Expires 4/1/2020.
- New! With Status Boost™, earn 15,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $30,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to four times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- New! Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases.
- Earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Complimentary access into the Delta SkyClubs® for you when traveling on a Delta flight.
- New! Enjoy complimentary access to The Centurion® Lounge when you book your Delta flight with your Reserve Card.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free and Main Cabin 1 Priority Boarding on Delta flights.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees