Deal Alert: Fly Air France Across Africa From $553 Round-Trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
If visiting the African continent has been on your bucket list, you may want to pay attention. We’re seeing widespread deals from across the US to destinations in West and North Africa starting at just $553 round-trip on Air France. It’s not often that we see round-trip deals under $650 to Africa outside of larger cities like Nairobi and Johannesburg. In fact, Google Flights’ data shows that flights from Chicago (ORD) to Conakry, Guinea (CKY) are nearly $2,000 cheaper than usual.
Note that all fares are in Air France’s economy class, which means you’ll get one or two checked bags for free. All tickets also include a stop in Paris (CDG). We first spotted the deals to Abidjan at The Flight Deal.
To search, head to Google Flights and enter your origin and destination cities. Scroll through the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Finally, click through to book directly with the airline or an OTA like Orbitz or Expedia.
Airline: Air France
Routes: JFK/ORD/LAX/IAD/SFO/ATL/MIA/BOS/LAX/IAH to CKY/ABJ/LBV/LFW/RAK/ALG
Cost: $553+ round-trip in economy
Dates: September 2019 – May 2020
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on airfare), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through Amextravel.com) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
Here are a few examples of what you can book:
Chicago (ORD) to Conakry (CKY) for $553 round-trip:
Chicago (ORD) to Algiers (ALG) for $577 round-trip:
San Francisco (SFO) to Libreville (LBV) for $588 round-trip:
Washington (IAD) to Lomé (LFW) for $588 round-trip:
Chicago (ORD) to Lomé (LFW) for $588 round-trip:
New York (JFK) to Lomé (LFW) for $588 round-trip:
Los Angeles (LAX) to Abidjan (ABJ) for $615 round-trip:
New York (JFK) to Marrakech (RAK) for $628 round-trip:
Atlanta (ATL) to Lomé (LFW) for $628 round-trip:
Maximize Your Purchase
Don’t forget to use a credit card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel), Citi Prestige Card (5x on airfare), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card (3x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this post for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured image courtesy of Max Libertine / Unsplash
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 50,000 bonus miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants in the first three months of card membership.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Earn 50,000 Bonus Miles and 5,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $2,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months.
- Plus, earn up to $100 back in statement credits for eligible purchases at U.S. restaurants with your card within the first 3 months of membership.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees