Fly the world’s best business class to Africa, Europe and more from just $1,620 round-trip
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
I’m a big fan of Qatar Airways’ Qsuite, named the Best International Business-Class Product at the TPG Awards. Award availability can be plentiful from time to time, but you’ll still need to redeem at least 70,000 American AAdvantage miles each way for an international business-class flight from the U.S.
At the moment, however, there’s another fantastic opportunity to book. As reported by One Mile at a Time, Qatar Airways is currently offering $550 off a round-trip flight or $275 off a one-way flight booked in business class.
Flights need to be booked directly through the airline’s website by July 11, 2021, using the code MPMEMBERS for travel through July 11, 2022. That means you won’t be able to redeem points to book through a travel portal, unfortunately.
Flights from all U.S. gateways are eligible, including Atlanta (ATL), Boston (BOS), Chicago (ORD), Dallas/Ft. Worth (DFW), Houston (IAH), Los Angeles (LAX), Miami (MIA), New York (JFK), Philadelphia (PHL), San Francisco (SFO), Seattle (SEA) and Washington, D.C. (IAD).
In theory, you can book discounted flights to all 100+ Qatar Airways international destinations, but I wasn’t able to trigger the discount on some of the airline’s lowest “classic” fares.
Airline: Qatar Airways
Routes: From ATL, BOS, DFW, IAD, IAH, LAS, MIA, JFK, ORD, PHL, SEA, SFO to international destinations via DOH
Cost: From $1,623 round-trip
Dates: Travel by July 11, 2022
Pay With: The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through American Express Travel; earn 5x points on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare), Citi Premier® Card, Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on air travel), American Express® Gold Card (3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline or on amextravel.com) or Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel)
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
The lowest fares I found are for flights between Houston and Delhi (DEL) — while I wouldn’t book a leisure trip there now, given India’s ongoing battle with an out-of-control COVID-19 outbreak, you could use this sale to book a trip in 2022.
If you’re looking to travel this summer, Seattle to Athens (ATH) could be a great option — you can book your trip for less than $2,000 all-in, which is phenomenal.
One of my favorite destinations in the world is on sale, too. You can book round-trip flights between Philadelphia and Cape Town (CPT) for less than $2,600 round-trip, which is a very good fare for South Africa.
Note that the lowest-cost tickets book into the “classic” fare bucket and do not include seat assignments or lounge access.
In some cases, you can pay a slight premium for a “comfort” fare, which does include seat selection and access to the airline’s top-notch Al Mourjan lounge in Doha. Certain American Airlines and Alaska Airlines elites may also be able to access select business or first-class lounges on classic fares.
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as The Platinum Card® from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or American Express Travel – up to 500,00 on these purchases per calendar year), Chase Sapphire Reserve, American Express® Gold Card, Citi Premier® Card, Citi Prestige® Card (5x on airfare) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on all travel purchases). Check out this guide for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured photo by Zach Honig/The Points Gu
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees