Deal alert: 40% off Hawaii fares for early 2022
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
As the sun sets earlier and the temperatures get cooler, you’re likely already dreaming of your next beach vacation. Currently, Southwest is offering a 40% discount on base fares to Hawaii for early 2022 with promo code “Hawaii2022” — making these flights as low as $186 round-trip. This offer ends on Oct. 7 — so you only have two days to snatch up this deal.
For more TPG news delivered each morning to your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter.
Airline: Southwest Airlines.
Routes: Flights between the U.S. and Hawaii.
Cost: Varies by route, but 40% off base fares.
Dates: Book by Oct. 7 for flights from Jan. 6 to March 9, 2022.
Pay with: The Southwest Rapid Rewards Plus Credit Card to earn 2 points for every $1 spent on eligible Southwest Airlines purchases, the Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Credit Card, Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier Business Credit Card, or Southwest Rapid Rewards Priority Credit Card to earn 3 points for every $1 spent on eligible Southwest Airlines purchases. Or, the Southwest Rapid Rewards Performance Business Credit Card to earn 4 points for every $1 spent on eligible Southwest Airlines purchases. Otherwise, The Platinum Card® from American Express for 5x on airfare booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel (on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), the Citi Prestige® Card for 5x on airfare, the Citi Premier® Card or Chase Sapphire Reserve for 3x on air travel, the American Express® Gold Card for 3x on airfare when booked directly with the airline or through Amex Travel, or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card for 2x on travel.
The information for the Citi Prestige Card has been collected independently by The Points Guy. The card details on this page have not been reviewed or provided by the card issuer.
It’s as easy as heading over to Southwest’s website, entering your desired airports and dates (within Jan. 6 to March 9, 2022) and the promo code “Hawaii2022.”
Here are some examples of flights you can find as part of this deal:
Las Vegas (LAS) to Maui (OGG) for $111 one-way
Oakland (OAK) to Maui (OGG) for $210 round-trip
Los Angeles (LAX) to Maui (OGG) for $186 round-trip
San Diego (SAN) to Hilo (ITO) for $195 round-trip
How to book
To book any of these deals, simply head to Southwest Airlines and plug in your desired departure and destination cities, with promo code “Hawaii2022.” Use the calendar function to find dates and prices that work for you. Then click through to book.
Maximize your purchase
Don’t forget to use a card that earns additional points on airfare purchases, such as one of the Southwest cards, The Platinum Card from American Express (5x on flights booked directly with airlines or Amex Travel on up to $500,000 on these purchases per calendar year), Chase Sapphire Reserve (3x on air travel), American Express Gold Card (3x on flights booked directly with airlines or Amex Travel), Citi Premier Card (3x on air travel) or the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card (2x on travel purchases). Check out this guide for more on maximizing airfare purchases.
Featured photo by Clint Henderson/The Points Guy.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new card in the first three months of card membership. Offer ends 11/10/2021.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles and 10,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months. Offer expires 11/10/2021.
- Earn up to 20,000 Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) with Status Boost® per year. After you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, you can earn 10,000 MQMs two times per year, getting you closer to Medallion® Status. MQMs are used to determine Medallion® Status and are different than miles you earn toward flights.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Earn 1X Miles on all other eligible purchases.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees