Best for payment flexibility with no interest
The Plum Card from American Express is a card that offers flexibility to pay in full each month or offer the ability to carry a balance for up to 60 days with no interest. This perk alone is valuable to certain cardholders who need more time to pay off their statement.
At a glance
- 1.5% Get a 1.5% discount when you pay early, with no cap on what you can earn back.
- Paying early pays off: get a 1.5% Early Pay Discount on your statement on the amount paid within 10 days of your statement closing date and no cap on what you can earn back. Just pay the Minimum Due by the Payment Due Date.
- Take up to 60 days to pay with no interest, when you pay your minimum due by the Payment Due Date.
The Plum Card from American Express is focused on optimizing payments. You can choose your own billing cycle, and there’s no preset spending limit; ideal for consumers with large expenses that go beyond traditional lines of credit.
- Earn unlimited 1.5% cash back on the portion of your balance that you pay within 10 days of your statement closing date (offering the ability to choose your own billing cycle), or you can choose to carry a balance on this card for up to 60 days and accrue no interest.
- No preset spending limit unlike most cards.
- No foreign transaction fees
- $250 annual fee.
- Very limited benefits for a card that comes with a pretty high annual fee.
- No welcome offer
- You will not earn 1.5% cash back if you do not pay off your balance within 10 days of your statement closing date
Who is this card good for?
With a $250 annual fee and limited rewards-earning opportunity, this card isn’t for most consumers. But if you’re in need of a card that offers payment flexibility and no preset spending limit, the Amex Plum card is a great choice for you.
If you pay your statement early, you can earn 1.5% cash back on the portion of the balance you pay within your statement closing date.