Best for protections on travel and purchases without a high annual fee
It’s rare to find a card with this many travel and purchase protections with an annual fee of just $195. That said, there are tradeoffs. These include a lack of welcome bonus and lack of strong rewards redemption options.
At a glance
- 2% 2% Value for Airfare Redemptions
- 1% 1% Value for Cash Back Redemptions
- 1X Earn one point for every one dollar spent.
- Patented brushed stainless steel front and carbon back - weighing 22 grams.
- 2% value for airfare redemptions with no blackout dates or seat restrictions. 1% value for cash back redemptions. Earn one point for every one dollar spent.
You’ll get a lot of purchase and travel protections for a moderate annual fee. In exchange, there’s no sign-up bonus and a weak rewards structure. However, the peace of mind may be worth the tradeoff for some people.
- The Mastercard Titanium Card offers a fantastic amount of protections for a card with a sub-$200 annual fee. Your trips and purchases are protected when you use this card.
- There are no lounge benefits and a weak earning structure on this card, though it's billed as a luxury card. Those who love maximizing their rewards will be let down here.
Who is this card good for?
This is a solid option for those wanting to protect their purchases and vacations in case something goes wrong yet they don’t want to pay a hefty annual fee to receive those protections.
Earn 1 point per dollar on all purchases. These can be redeemed at 2 cents apiece in value for airfare purchases or 1 cent apiece to your credit card statement or bank account.