Best card for Marriott loyalists
If you’re looking for a loyalists card that makes it easy to recoup its high annual fee, the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express Card does just that. The benefits are great for all types of Marriott travelers. (Partner offer)
At a glance
- 6X Earn 6 Marriott Bonvoy points for each dollar of eligible purchases at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy™ program.
- 3X 3 points at Worldwide Restaurants and on flights booked directly with airlines.
- 2X 2 points on all other eligible purchases.
- Earn 95,000 Marriott Bonvoy® bonus points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases on the Card within the first 3 months.
- Each Card renewal year, get up to $300 in statement credits per calendar year (up to $25 per month) for eligible purchases at restaurants worldwide.
The Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express card is a good choice for those who spend time at Marriott properties. While it’s not a great choice for everyday spending, this card does earn 6x points on eligible purchases at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program. You can also redeem Marriott rewards points at more than 7,100 Marriott locations globally.
- Earn up to $300 in statement credits per calendar year (up to $25 per month) for eligible purchases at restaurants worldwide.
- 1 free night award (up to 85,000 points) every year after your card renewal month.
- Priority Pass Select membership (enrollment required)
- Automatic Platinum status
- $650 annual fee isn't insignificant
- May not make sense if you don't stay at Marriott properties
Who is this card good for?
This credit card is great for Marriott loyalists, even if they don’t travel frequently. Cardholders earn complimentary Marriott Platinum Elite Status, priority pass lounge access, a yearly up to $300 statement credit for restaurant purchases (up to $25 per month) and an annual free night award. These perks allow cardholders to almost instantly make back the annual fee.
Cardholders earn 6x Marriott Bonvoy points on eligible purchases at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program. They also earn 3x points at worldwide restaurants and flight books directly with airlines. All other purchases earn 2x points.
Frequently asked questions
Is the Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant American Express card worth it?
This card is a valuable option for Marriott loyalists. You earn a yearly up to $300 statement credit for restaurant purchases and earn 6x points on eligible purchases at hotels participating in the Marriott Bonvoy program which based on TPG valuations is a 4.8% return. The other perks such as one night free yearly are great additions for those staying at Marriott properties.
Do Marriott points expire?
Marriott points do expire, but only after 24 months without qualifying activity.