Best for overseas travel using a fairly simple system of redemption/transfers to oneworld Alliance partners
The Iberia Visa Signature card is ideal for those who have their sights set on travel to overseas destinations, especially those serviced by Iberia, British Airways, Aer Lingus and LEVEL. Domestic travel redemption is also possible through oneworld Alliance partners such as American Airlines and Alaska Airlines, although there are better cards for shorthaul flights.
At a glance
- 3X Earn 3 Avios per $1 spent on purchases with Iberia, British Airways, Aer Lingus, and LEVEL.
- 2X Earn 2 Avios per $1 spent on hotel accommodations when purchased directly with the hotel.
- 1X Earn 1 Avios per $1 spent on all other purchases.
This is a Chase-issued credit card with a $95 annual fee. However, there are plenty of perks to offset the cost. Flights booked through the Iberia portal are discounted 10%. And if you spend $30,000 or more on the card each year, you’ll receive a discount of $1,000 on two plane tickets purchased for the same flight.
- Avios points can be redeemed for travel with oneworld Alliance partners such as American Airlines and Alaska Airlines or transferred to British Airways or Aer Lingus.
- Stay on top of your activity -- your Avios points could all expire after 36 months if you don't accrue, transfer or redeem them.
Who is this card good for?
The Iberia Visa Signature card is ideal for big spenders. Every year you hit $30,000 in purchases, you’ll receive $1,000 off two tickets on the same flight.
Earn 3 Avios for every dollar spent directly through Iberia, Aer Lingus, British Airways and LEVEL, 2 points per dollar on direct hotel bookings and 1 for 1 on all other purchases.