Best entry-level Hilton card
If you’re looking to become a loyal Hilton guest and want a way to quickly achieve Hilton Gold status, consider applying for the Hilton Honors American Express Surpass card that gives you complimentary status. (Partner offer)
At a glance
- 12X Earn 12X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases charged on your Card directly with hotels and resorts within the Hilton portfolio.
- 6X Earn 6X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases on your Card at U.S. restaurants, at U.S. supermarkets, and at U.S. gas stations.
- 3X Earn 3X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for all other eligible purchases on your Card
- Earn 130,000 Hilton Honors Bonus Points and one Free Night Reward from Hilton Honors after you spend $2,000 in purchases on the Hilton Honors American Express Surpass® Card in your first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Earn 12X Hilton Honors Bonus Points for each dollar of eligible purchases charged on your Card directly with hotels and resorts within the Hilton portfolio.
The Hilton Honors American Express Surpass card is great for earning and redeeming Hilton points. This card comes with decent perks if you’re looking to become a loyal Hilton guest. Cardholders get complimentary Hilton Gold status, which includes a daily food and beverage credit (U.S. hotels only) or continental breakfast (non-U.S. hotels), a fifth night free when you book with points, a 80% earning bonus during stays and room upgrades to executive suites, when available. The Hilton Honors Amex Surpass card also grants you 10 Priority Pass Select passes a year, a complimentary night reward, and no foreign transaction fees.
- 12x points on eligible Hilton purchases, 6x at U.S. restaurants, U.S. supermarkets and U.S. gas stations, 3x on all other eligible purchases
- Hilton Honors Gold status with an upgrade to Diamond by spending $40,000 in a calendar year
- Solid perks including 10 Priority Pass visits a year
- No travel credits
- No chart to redeem points at Hilton properties
- Ties you to Hilton properties
Who is this card good for?
If you frequent Hilton Hotels, but never find yourself achieving Gold or Diamond status the Hilton Honors American Express Surpass card is for you. This credit card is a great way to earn rewards that you then can redeem at Hilton properties. This card will provide you with Hilton Gold or Diamond status, depending on your spending. The Hilton Honors American Express Surpass card also gives you 10 Priority Pass Select passes a year and a complimentary night reward after you spend $15,000.
As a cobranded Hilton card, the Hilton Honors American Express Surpass card earns a high number of points on every Hilton purchase. At Hilton hotels and resorts cardholders earn 12x points, a 7.6% return. Cardholders also earn points for non-Hilton purchases including: 6x Hilton points at U.S. restaurants, supermarkets and gas stations and 3x points on all other purchases.