Best Card for Transit
The Amex Green can be a great option for earning bonus American Express Membership Rewards points, and when it has an elevated welcome bonus, it’s a great option to add to your wallet. Just be sure your spending habits can justify the card’s annual fee.
At a glance
- 3X Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on travel including airfare, hotels, cruises, tours, car rentals, campgrounds, and vacation rentals.
- 3X Earn 3X Membership Rewards® Points on transit purchases including trains, taxicabs, rideshare services, ferries, tolls, parking, buses, and subways.
- 3X Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on eligible purchases at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery in the US.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $3,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership. Plus, earn 20% back on eligible travel and transit purchases made during your first 6 months of Card Membership, up to $200 back in the form of a statement credit.
- Earn 3X Membership Rewards® points on travel including airfare, hotels, cruises, tours, car rentals, campgrounds, and vacation rentals.
The Amex Green card offers some solid bonus categories along with annual perks to make your airport experience less stressful.
- The card offers some terrific bonus earning rates, awarding 3 points per dollar spent on dining, travel and transit purchases.
- It also currently has an elevated welcome bonus.
- The card carries a $150 annual fee, and the two embedded statement credits (up to $189 for Clear Plus membership and up to $100 for LoungeBuddy purchases) may not be useful to everyone.
Who is this card good for?
This card is great for someone looking to earn bonus Amex points on travel and dining purchases.
Earn 3 points per dollar on travel, transit and worldwide dining purchases. Earn 1 point per dollar everywhere else.