Best no-annual-fee card for American flyers
The American Airlines AAdvantage MileUp card lets cardmembers earn 2 points per dollar on American Airline purchases and grocery stores without an annual fee.
At a glance
- 2X Earn 2 AAdvantage® miles for each $1 spent at grocery stores, including grocery delivery services
- 2X Earn 2 AAdvantage® miles for every $1 spent on eligible American Airlines purchases
- 1X Earn 1 AAdvantage® mile for every $1 spent on other purchases
- Earn 10,000 American Airlines AAdvantage® bonus miles and receive a $50 statement credit after making $500 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening
- No Annual Fee
The American Airlines AAdvantage MileUp card is a cobranded airline credit card with American Airlines. It is a valuable rewards starter card, but due to its lack of annual fee, it does not offer many common airline card benefits like a free checked bag or priority boarding. The MileUp card is currently featuring a sign-up bonus of 10,000 AAdvantage miles and a $50 statement credit after spending $500 in purchases within the first three months of account opening.
- Earn 2x miles on American Airlines purchases and groceries.
- 25% savings on inflight drink and snack purchases when paying with the card on American Airlines flights.
- Small sign-up bonus.
- No priority boarding or free bag perks.
Who is this card good for?
The MileUp card is a great starter card for people interested in the points and miles world. The sign-up bonus is also a great incentive for people with a goal for future AAdvantage mileage redemption, though frequent American travelers would benefit from a higher-tier AA card.
The MileUp card earns 2 miles per dollar at grocery stores (excluding discount stores and warehouse clubs like Costco) and on eligible American Airlines purchases. It earns 1 mile per dollar on all other purchases.
Frequently asked questions
Does the American Airlines AAdvantage MileUp card only offer redemption for travel on American Airlines?
Earned miles can also be put towards other Oneworld airline or non-alliance partners as well as flight upgrades, an Admirals Club membership, merchandise and more. However, non-flight redemptions will often be provided at a lower rate.
Does the MileUp card get American Airlines Admirals Club access?
The MileUp card will not get you access into the Admirals Club (American’s lounge) directly. If that’s important to you, consider opening the Citi®/AAdvantage® Executive World Elite Mastercard® or purchasing a membership/pass with miles or cash.