This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Part of an outdoor roof collapsed at Nanchang Changbei International Airport (KHN) in eastern China on Sunday after gale-force winds ripped through the region.
Footage on social media shows passengers inside the airport running away and screaming as the roof collapsed. Additional footage shows the roof collapsing from the outside as well. The exterior of the airport’s Terminal 2 roof collapses in a domino effect as its slats blow in the wind and fall to the ground.
Weather reports from Sunday night recorded that wind speeds reached up to nearly 70mph, according to South China Morning Post. A representative for the airport told SCMP that flights were postponed after the roof collapse due to the high winds. The airport returned to normal operation on Monday morning.
Changbei Airport (KHN) was built in 1996, and last year, served more than 10 million travelers. No injuries were reported after the roof collapsed.
H/T: Travel + Leisure
With great travel benefits, 2x points on travel & dining and a 50,000 point sign up bonus, the Chase Sapphire Preferred is a great card for those looking to get into the points and miles game. Here are the top 5 reasons it should be in your wallet, or read our definitive review for more details.
- Earn 50,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $625 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred® named a 'Best Travel Credit Card' by MONEY® Magazine, 2016-2017
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Earn 5,000 bonus points after you add the first authorized user and make a purchase in the first 3 months from account opening
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for travel through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 50,000 points are worth $625 toward travel.
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards