This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Part of an outdoor roof collapsed at Nanchang Changbei International Airport (KHN) in eastern China on Sunday after gale-force winds ripped through the region.
Footage on social media shows passengers inside the airport running away and screaming as the roof collapsed. Additional footage shows the roof collapsing from the outside as well. The exterior of the airport’s Terminal 2 roof collapses in a domino effect as its slats blow in the wind and fall to the ground.
Weather reports from Sunday night recorded that wind speeds reached up to nearly 70mph, according to South China Morning Post. A representative for the airport told SCMP that flights were postponed after the roof collapse due to the high winds. The airport returned to normal operation on Monday morning.
Changbei Airport (KHN) was built in 1996, and last year, served more than 10 million travelers. No injuries were reported after the roof collapsed.
H/T: Travel + Leisure
The American Express Platinum card has some of the best perks out there: cardholders enjoy the best domestic lounge access (Delta SkyClubs, Centurion Lounges, and Priority Pass), a $200 annual airline fee credit as well as up to $200 in Uber credits, and mid-tier elite status at SPG, Marriott, and Hilton. Combined with the 60,000 point welcome offer -- worth $1,140 based on TPG's valuations -- this card is a no-brainer for frequent travelers. Here are 5 reasons you should consider this card, as well as how you can figure out if the $550 annual fee makes sense for you.
- Earn 60,000 Membership Rewards® points after you use your new Card to make $5,000 in purchases in your first 3 months.
- Enjoy Uber VIP status and free rides in the U.S. up to $15 each month, plus a bonus $20 in December. That can be up to $200 in annual Uber savings.
- 5X Membership Rewards® points on flights booked directly with airlines or with American Express Travel.
- 5X Membership Rewards points on prepaid hotels booked on amextravel.com.
- Enjoy access to the Global Lounge Collection, the only credit card airport lounge access program that includes proprietary lounge locations around the world.
- Receive complimentary benefits with an average total value of $550 with Fine Hotels & Resorts. Learn More.
- $200 Airline Fee Credit, up to $200 per calendar year in baggage fees and more at one qualifying airline.
- Get up to $100 in statement credits annually for purchases at Saks Fifth Avenue on your Platinum Card®. Enrollment required.
- $550 annual fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees