Video: Chinese Airport Roof Collapses Due to Gale-Force Winds
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Part of an outdoor roof collapsed at Nanchang Changbei International Airport (KHN) in eastern China on Sunday after gale-force winds ripped through the region.
Footage on social media shows passengers inside the airport running away and screaming as the roof collapsed. Additional footage shows the roof collapsing from the outside as well. The exterior of the airport’s Terminal 2 roof collapses in a domino effect as its slats blow in the wind and fall to the ground.
Weather reports from Sunday night recorded that wind speeds reached up to nearly 70mph, according to South China Morning Post. A representative for the airport told SCMP that flights were postponed after the roof collapse due to the high winds. The airport returned to normal operation on Monday morning.
Changbei Airport (KHN) was built in 1996, and last year, served more than 10 million travelers. No injuries were reported after the roof collapsed.
H/T: Travel + Leisure
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.