International Women’s Day 2018: Travel Brands Tweet Support
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This International Women’s Day, which falls on March 8, comes at a time of strong determination and a “renewed sense of urgency.” In honor of this day celebrating the social, economic, cultural and political achievements and contributions of women, many travel brands around the world are shining a spotlight on female trailblazers. While some brands tried (and missed) the mark on social media today, we found these to be pretty inspiring.
— American Airlines (@AmericanAir) March 1, 2018
Here’s to the trail blazers & history makers. The dreamers & the believers. We’ll be sharing the inspiring stories of #WomenUnited for #WomensHistoryMonth. First up – Joanne Borg, who saw a team of male mechanics in 1977 and thought, “I can do that job.” https://t.co/LhQ8OTPJWe pic.twitter.com/SExN8xI2rm
— United Airlines (@united) March 1, 2018
— Southwest Airlines (@SouthwestAir) March 8, 2018
The sky is the limit for these future leaders. We proudly celebrate International Women’s Day and applaud those who reach new heights as they follow their dreams. #womentakeflight #IWD18 #PressforProgress #AlaskaCares pic.twitter.com/Rc6OjCEFFW
— Alaska Airlines (@AlaskaAir) March 8, 2018
— Frontier Airlines (@FlyFrontier) March 8, 2018
— British Airways (@British_Airways) March 8, 2018
This #InternationalWomensDay, we celebrate Alice S. Marriott’s dynamic leadership that continues to inspire associates more than 90 years. Learn how she set the tone for gender equality at Marriott. #IWD2018 #WomenOfMarriott https://t.co/IphxngYYS1
— Marriott Careers (@MarriottCareers) March 8, 2018
Mandarin Oriental KL:
Happy #InternationalWomensDay. This year we #PressforProgress. We would like to take this opportunity to highlight women who has made a mark in their field, taking us a step towards gender parity. Stay tuned to this space to hear their stories and get to know these amazing women. pic.twitter.com/FsXbUwbyWz
— Mandarin Oriental KL (@MO_KUALALUMPUR) March 8, 2018
— Fairmont Hotels (@FairmontHotels) March 8, 2018
The Maritime Hotel:
“Well behaved women rarely make history.” Happy #InternationalWomensDay!
— The Maritime Hotel (@MaritimeHotel) March 8, 2018
Featured Image by Chris McGrath/Getty Images
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees