This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
This International Women’s Day, which falls on March 8, comes at a time of strong determination and a “renewed sense of urgency.” In honor of this day celebrating the social, economic, cultural and political achievements and contributions of women, many travel brands around the world are shining a spotlight on female trailblazers. While some brands tried (and missed) the mark on social media today, we found these to be pretty inspiring.
— American Airlines (@AmericanAir) March 1, 2018
Here’s to the trail blazers & history makers. The dreamers & the believers. We’ll be sharing the inspiring stories of #WomenUnited for #WomensHistoryMonth. First up – Joanne Borg, who saw a team of male mechanics in 1977 and thought, “I can do that job.” https://t.co/LhQ8OTPJWe pic.twitter.com/SExN8xI2rm
— United Airlines (@united) March 1, 2018
— Southwest Airlines (@SouthwestAir) March 8, 2018
The sky is the limit for these future leaders. We proudly celebrate International Women’s Day and applaud those who reach new heights as they follow their dreams. #womentakeflight #IWD18 #PressforProgress #AlaskaCares pic.twitter.com/Rc6OjCEFFW
— Alaska Airlines (@AlaskaAir) March 8, 2018
— Frontier Airlines (@FlyFrontier) March 8, 2018
— British Airways (@British_Airways) March 8, 2018
This #InternationalWomensDay, we celebrate Alice S. Marriott’s dynamic leadership that continues to inspire associates more than 90 years. Learn how she set the tone for gender equality at Marriott. #IWD2018 #WomenOfMarriott https://t.co/IphxngYYS1
— Marriott Careers (@MarriottCareers) March 8, 2018
Mandarin Oriental KL:
Happy #InternationalWomensDay. This year we #PressforProgress. We would like to take this opportunity to highlight women who has made a mark in their field, taking us a step towards gender parity. Stay tuned to this space to hear their stories and get to know these amazing women. pic.twitter.com/FsXbUwbyWz
— Mandarin Oriental KL (@MO_KUALALUMPUR) March 8, 2018
— Fairmont Hotels (@FairmontHotels) March 8, 2018
The Maritime Hotel:
“Well behaved women rarely make history.” Happy #InternationalWomensDay!
— The Maritime Hotel (@MaritimeHotel) March 8, 2018
Featured Image by Chris McGrath/Getty Images
Know before you go.
News and deals straight to your inbox every day.
NEW INCREASED OFFER: 60,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION: $1,200
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
- Earn 60,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $750 toward travel when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®
- Chase Sapphire Preferred named "Best Credit Card for Flexible Travel Redemption" - Kiplinger's Personal Finance, June 2018
- 2X points on travel and dining at restaurants worldwide & 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- No foreign transaction fees
- 1:1 point transfer to leading airline and hotel loyalty programs
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards. For example, 60,000 points are worth $750 toward travel
- No blackout dates or travel restrictions - as long as there's a seat on the flight, you can book it through Chase Ultimate Rewards