Passenger Plane Makes Emergency Landing After Engine Explodes Mid-Flight (Video)
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
A passenger plane was forced to make an emergency landing March 1 after one of its four engines exploded mid-flight, about a half hour after takeoff.
The incident occurred on a flight operated by Tez Jet out of Manas International Airport (FRU) in the ex-Soviet state of Kyrgyzstan.
In a video taken by a passenger, you can see the broken engine dangling from the British Aerospace RJ-85:
Passengers said they noticed smoke soon after flight TEZ107 took off from Bishkek, The Daily Mail reports.
FlightAware shows the plane returned to Manas Airport (FRU), where the pilot successfully executed an emergency landing about 30 minutes after takeoff. Firefighting teams were waiting for the plane on the runway but weren’t needed.
No passenger injuries were reported.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.