Earn Bonus Miles From Alaska, American and United With Shopping Portal Promotions
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Three major US airlines are offering bonus points or miles on purchases made through their shopping portals for a limited time only. In celebration of St. Patrick’s Day — and, in the case of United, NCAA March Madness — Alaska, American and United are all offering bonus miles for purchases made through their shopping portals.
Check each of the promotions below to find out the bonus earning possibilities:
With Alaska’s St. Patrick’s Day promotion, you can earn an extra 500 Mileage Plan miles after spending $200. The promotion is valid through March 19, 2018, at 11:59pm ET. The 500 bonus miles will be awarded after making at least $200 in cumulative purchases and are on top of the miles you earn per dollar spent. Based on TPG‘s most recent valuations, the 500 bonus miles are worth $9.50.
Similar to Alaska’s promotion for St. Patrick’s Day, American AAdvantage Shopping is also offering 500 bonus miles after meeting a minimum spending requirement. If you spend $150 or more in cumulative purchases by March 19, 2018, at 11:59pm ET, you’ll be eligible to earn the bonus miles. Based on TPG‘s most recent valuations, the 500 bonus miles are worth $7.
Finally, United is having a more mysterious promotion in honor of NCAA college basketball. In order to find out exactly how many miles you could earn, you’ll need to sign in to your account. I received a bonus offer of 500 bonus miles after $150 in cumulative spend. However, other MileagePlus users have reported getting offers of up to 1,000 bonus miles after spending $300. Based on TPG‘s most recent valuations, the 500 miles are worth $7, and the 1,000 miles are worth $14. For everyone, regardless of specific offer, you’ll need to meet the minimum spending requirement by March 23, 2018, at 11:59pm ET.
Shopping portals are one of the best ways to earn bonus airline miles without actually having to fly. If you know you’ll be making an online purchase, be sure to make it directly through a shopping portal in order to earn the bonus miles.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
Earn 90,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 in purchases within the first three months of card membership. Plus, earn a $200 statement credit after your first Delta purchase within the first three months. Offer ends 7/28/21.
With Status Boost™, earn 10,000 Medallion Qualification Miles (MQMs) after you spend $25,000 in purchases on your Card in a calendar year, up to two times per year getting you closer to Medallion Status. Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels, 2X Miles at restaurants and at U.S. supermarkets and earn 1X Mile on all other eligible purchases. Terms Apply.
- Limited Time Offer: Earn 90,000 Bonus Miles after spending $3,000 in purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months and a $200 statement credit after you make a Delta purchase with your new Card within your first 3 months. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Limited Time Offer: Plus, get a 0% intro APR on purchases for 12 months from the date of account opening, then a variable 15.74%-24.74%. Offer expires 7/28/2021.
- Accelerate your path to Medallion Status, with Status Boost®. Plus, in 2021 you can earn even more bonus Medallion® Qualification Miles (MQMs) to help you reach Medallion Status.
- Earn 3X Miles on Delta purchases and purchases made directly with hotels.
- Earn 2X Miles at restaurants worldwide, including takeout and delivery and at U.S. supermarkets.
- Receive a Domestic Main Cabin round-trip companion certificate each year upon renewal of your Card. *Payment of the government imposed taxes and fees of no more than $75 for roundtrip domestic flights (for itineraries with up to four flight segments) is required. Baggage charges and other restrictions apply. See terms and conditions for details.
- Enjoy your first checked bag free on Delta flights.
- Fee Credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®.
- Enjoy an exclusive rate of $39 per person per visit to enter the Delta Sky Club® for you and up to two guests when traveling on a Delta flight.
- No Foreign Transaction Fees.
- $250 Annual Fee.
- Terms Apply.
- See Rates & Fees