Earn Bonus Miles From Alaska, American and United With Shopping Portal Promotions
This post contains references to products from one or more of our advertisers. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products. Terms apply to the offers listed on this page. For an explanation of our Advertising Policy, visit this page.
Three major US airlines are offering bonus points or miles on purchases made through their shopping portals for a limited time only. In celebration of St. Patrick’s Day — and, in the case of United, NCAA March Madness — Alaska, American and United are all offering bonus miles for purchases made through their shopping portals.
Check each of the promotions below to find out the bonus earning possibilities:
With Alaska’s St. Patrick’s Day promotion, you can earn an extra 500 Mileage Plan miles after spending $200. The promotion is valid through March 19, 2018, at 11:59pm ET. The 500 bonus miles will be awarded after making at least $200 in cumulative purchases and are on top of the miles you earn per dollar spent. Based on TPG‘s most recent valuations, the 500 bonus miles are worth $9.50.
Similar to Alaska’s promotion for St. Patrick’s Day, American AAdvantage Shopping is also offering 500 bonus miles after meeting a minimum spending requirement. If you spend $150 or more in cumulative purchases by March 19, 2018, at 11:59pm ET, you’ll be eligible to earn the bonus miles. Based on TPG‘s most recent valuations, the 500 bonus miles are worth $7.
Finally, United is having a more mysterious promotion in honor of NCAA college basketball. In order to find out exactly how many miles you could earn, you’ll need to sign in to your account. I received a bonus offer of 500 bonus miles after $150 in cumulative spend. However, other MileagePlus users have reported getting offers of up to 1,000 bonus miles after spending $300. Based on TPG‘s most recent valuations, the 500 miles are worth $7, and the 1,000 miles are worth $14. For everyone, regardless of specific offer, you’ll need to meet the minimum spending requirement by March 23, 2018, at 11:59pm ET.
Shopping portals are one of the best ways to earn bonus airline miles without actually having to fly. If you know you’ll be making an online purchase, be sure to make it directly through a shopping portal in order to earn the bonus miles.
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,650
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 2X points on all travel and dining, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. Plus earn up to $50 in statement credits towards grocery store purchases within your first year of account opening.
- Earn 2X points on dining including eligible delivery services, takeout and dining out and travel. Plus, earn 1 point per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories.
- Get unlimited deliveries with a $0 delivery fee and reduced service fees on eligible orders over $12 for a minimum of one year with DashPass, DoorDash's subscription service. Activate by 12/31/21.
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.
- Get up to $60 back on an eligible Peloton Digital or All-Access Membership through 12/31/2021, and get full access to their workout library through the Peloton app, including cardio, running, strength, yoga, and more. Take classes using a phone, tablet, or TV. No fitness equipment is required.