Spirit Passengers Save Man’s Life on Flight to Orlando
Passengers aboard a Spirit Airlines flight from Detroit (DTW) to Orlando (MCO) were credited for saving a man’s life Tuesday after he collapsed on a plane prior to take off.
According to Click on Orlando, passenger Jeff Kruger was sitting behind the unidentified passenger on flight 802 when he noticed that he was completely unresponsive and not breathing properly.
Katherine Yombik, a nurse from Michigan was one of the first passengers to answer the call for help. Yombik, along side nurse Sue Kneehouse and another male passenger, jumped into action after noticing that the passenger was unresponsive.
Kneehouse said that the man was not breathing and that she couldn’t find a pulse. Thinking quickly, she grabbed the plane’s defibrillator while an EMT on board performed CPR. With the help of Kneehouse, the man was resuscitated and rushed to Metro Detroit Hospital, where he is currently recovering.
The flight was shortly delayed but continued safely to Orlando (MCO). Passengers aboard the flight applauded the efforts of Kneehouse and the other passengers who volunteer to aid in this medical emergency.
“It’s absolutely the right thing to do,” passenger Jeff Kruger said, “You have a chance to continue life, and this is the only life that we have.”
Featured photo courtesy Spirit
Welcome to The Points Guy!
WELCOME OFFER: 80,000 Points
TPG'S BONUS VALUATION*: $1,600
CARD HIGHLIGHTS: 3X points on dining and 2x points on travel, points transferrable to over a dozen travel partners
*Bonus value is an estimated value calculated by TPG and not the card issuer. View our latest valuations here.
- Earn 80,000 bonus points after you spend $4,000 on purchases in the first 3 months from account opening. That's $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards®.
- Enjoy benefits such as a $50 annual Ultimate Rewards Hotel Credit, 5x on travel purchased through Chase Ultimate Rewards®, 3x on dining and 2x on all other travel purchases, plus more.
- Get 25% more value when you redeem for airfare, hotels, car rentals and cruises through Chase Ultimate Rewards®. For example, 80,000 points are worth $1,000 toward travel.
- With Pay Yourself Back℠, your points are worth 25% more during the current offer when you redeem them for statement credits against existing purchases in select, rotating categories
- Count on Trip Cancellation/Interruption Insurance, Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver, Lost Luggage Insurance and more.